[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was right during the Falklands and why? And if Argentina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download (9).jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
15KB, 259x194px
Who was right during the Falklands and why? And if Argentina invaded the Falklands again tomorrow what would be the outcome and why?
>>
>>1726907
The British by default.

The people who live on the Falklands want to remain british.
The Argentinians just want the oil.

If the Argentinians tried it again, they'd get their shit stomped in again.
>>
File: ss+(2015-03-24+at+07.46.18).jpg (83KB, 713x516px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-03-24+at+07.46.18).jpg
83KB, 713x516px
The UK keeps a larger garrison since the war. The Argies would get decimated yet again.

The Falklands wanted to remain British democratically so Britain was in the right.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g

Get this out of the way early.
>>
It was never Argentinian in the first place. It's a claim they use to drum up patriotic fervour to distract the populace from their shit-tier governance.
>>
>>1726907
>And if Argentina invaded the Falklands again tomorrow

Don't think they have the logistical ability to properly support anything larger than a battalion sized element, IMO. Also, once the UK moves Type 45s into the area its all over for any resupply.
>>
>>1726928

It's almost impossible to resupply as it is. The UK might only keep all of 6 planes in the Falklands, but those guys pack more firepower than the entire Argentinian airforce.
>>
>>1726938
Oh yes, i forgot about that.

Don't know what the Falkland's radar coverage is but an invasion attempt would likely be something akin to a suicide mission.

I'm off to work soon and will see if i can think up a plausible way that has at least a 50/50 chance of landing at least a Company.
>>
>>1726907

Argentina only invaded the Falklands because the Brits stupidly withdrew forces protecting it. The Argentinians might as well just destroy their navy and air force themselves than try invading it at the moment.
>>
>>1726938
>>1726958

It has a Type 45 destroyer defending it. As in officially the top SAM system in the entire world at the moment.
>>
Whatever anyone thinks of the merits of the British dependency claim for the Falklands, Argentina were wrong to have invaded and attempted to take possession of the Islands by force.
Were Argentina to do it again tomorrow it would still be wrong.
>>
>>1726907
Argentina hasn´t significantly upgraded its armed forces since 1982, quite the contrary.
>>
Does the Falklands bear any mythical signifance for the Argies like for example, the Kosovo for the Serbs or Kiew for Russians, or do the Argies just want it for propaganda?
>>
>>1726992
yeah it´s a national cause
funny they accuse the UK of imperialism when they conquered the patagonia and removed the natives
>>
>isle that has nothing to do with argentina and also has had nothing to do with argentina throughout history
>argentinians trying to steal it
l mao
>>
>>1726992

I don't even think the argies want it that badly. But blaming the evil English colonialists is a great way to distract from problems at home, so bang go the war drums whenever there's something that needs to be covered up or the economy had another shock.
>>
If the Argies invaded the Falklands and failed would it lead to a large scale invasion of Argentina with NATO?
>>
>>1727070
Article 5 can only be used for territory that's north of the Tropic of Cancer
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.