[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utilitarianism easily justifies gang-rape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 285px-Greek_uc_sigma.svg.png (6KB, 285x356px) Image search: [Google]
285px-Greek_uc_sigma.svg.png
6KB, 285x356px
Utilitarianism easily justifies gang-rape
>>
>>1726556
Memes say gang rape is bad
>>
>>1726556

How
>>
Why justify gang-rape when you've got /d/.
I think I'll pass.
>>
>>1726583
Happiness of many > happiness of one
>>
>>1726902
>implying women don't fantasize about being gang raped 24/7 and it isn't happiness for all
>>
File: 1428003682792.jpg (7KB, 175x255px) Image search: [Google]
1428003682792.jpg
7KB, 175x255px
>>1726556
UTIS BTFO'D
>>
Another reason to be an Utilitarianist. There is no way the ugly person like me would be gang raped anyway.
>>
File: JohnStuartMill.png (139KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
JohnStuartMill.png
139KB, 460x276px
no it doesn't, read more books

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/mill-moral-political/#HapHigPle
>>
>>1726902
But most men aren't attracted to gang rape because they're egoistical and want all women for them and only them.

Now, regular rape...
>>
Bentham's hedonic calculus would

J.S Mill's hierarchy of pleasures wouldn't.
>>
>>1726902

i think the happiness of the many would involve the majority who didn't want gang rape to happen at all
>>
>>1726556
A society where women have to be aware of the fact that they could, at any moment, be raped and it be OK would significantly decrease overall happiness
>>
>>1726902
Except it makes majority of people unhappy, because we have this thing called empathy.
You didn't really think this through, did you?
>>
>>1726556
Yes and? Nobody on here(including myself) would care so long as they were the ones doing the raping.
>>
>>1726902
pain is weighed more heavily than pleasure.
but none of the guys were hurt so its still good.
>>
>>1727425
>>1728008
so as long as people don't find out about it it's okay then right? just murder her afterward so no one finds out and boom problem solved right?
>>
>>1727156
I can't wait for circumlocution because some utilitarian can't get his moral theory to square with his moral intuition.
>>
>>1726556
No it doesn't. Utilitarianism justifies a society based on producing drugs so one can be in a happy state 24/7, even when working to produce more drugs. Anything other than that represents an opportunity cost of suffering and loss of happiness for someone somewhere.
>>
Only if you have a designated class of women who are gang raped so that the majority of them can be spared. You'd have to figure out the bare minimum number of women to sacrifice as gang rape victims to appease the men.
>>
Japan's birthrates are looking awfully low....
>>
Utilitarianism would say that the suspension of protection from coercion for a short term pleasure would not outweigh the negative, destabilizing effects of rendering laws as trivial.
>>
>>1726902
>5min of sexual pleasure (x5) is inversely comparable to concrete suffering and months if not years of trauma and social alienation

well....
>>
>>1729726
That's why you reuse them dingus.
>>
>>1726902
Greatest amount of happiness for the greatest number of people. 10 minutes of pleasure followed by regret (be honest, you must be a monster to do such a thing to someone) or a life of depression and self-hatred.

Your arguement is full of shit OP
>>
>>1726556
I 've seen this symbol before, in one of Mancur Olson's books. What does the sigma stand for? Utility value? The sum of utility?
>>
>>1730255
In Mathematics it is "the sum of" in an equation. In utilitarianism I can only guess it means the sum of happiness vs the sum of unhappiness
>>
>>1726902
5 happy niggers vs an outraged and hurt community, a life destroyed, etc.
>>
>>1726556
Gangrape usually produces fleeting pleasures for the rapists and long term suffering for the victim. So it's only justifiable if the rapists are really numerous.

But no, that's wrong. Because the utility calculations must take into account the alternatives.
For example if the gang masturbate instead of raping, they still get some pleasure without creating pain and that's probably better.
>>
>>1729620
If no one finds out about a crime then it doesn't really matter whether it's right or wrong regardless of your moral framework.
>>
wtf I hate utilitarianism now!
>>
>>1730692
It still wouldn't be moral, unless you're a utilitarianist.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.