[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Screw the "humanities" - abbreviated thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1474390847233.jpg (103KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474390847233.jpg
103KB, 640x640px
Paying attention to recent politics has really hammered home some things.

All social sciences are stamp collecting exercises at best and an attempt to monopolise either common sense or bullshit at worst. It seems that there is a huge class of unintelligent people with degrees (almost always in social science or humanities subjects) who treat social scientists (or "experts") as all knowing prophets. "Disliking Islam is irrational" "Supporters of X are conveying their Authoritiarian Loving personalities". Its not new.

Even though Economics has not led to the ability to make viable predictions about macroeconomics people in this field have no trouble claiming a monopoly over all sorts of shit.

Even "high culture" is no different. The Republic was literally a wankfest dream by Plato but it is worshipped solely because it is old and other people worship it. It would make no difference whether Plato was praising a technocracy or a democracy or worshipping chickens. What matters is that its old and people can be seen to be praising it.

Also there are people who seriously think that "rigour" and "critical thinking" are thinks you can only get from a university degree.

History the academic subject is just stamp collecting with a marketing / PR spin put on it. Historians have nothing to say.

Philosophy is a circlejerk within the infinite space of unfalsifiable things to say. Of course the humanities and social sciences are leftist West hating breeding grounds.

It is clear that people use Shakespeare as a God to worship rather than look at him for what he was: a guy who wrote plays for people with less education than 7 year olds today. This is because many art forms are used solely as a social posturing tool by pseudo intellectuals.
>>
>>1726178
>sorry for the blog post guys
>>
Thats why instead of getting an education I just read david duke's blog
>>
you sound extremely frustrated with your inability to give context to anything but what you consider as scientific, try to go out more and understand that metaphors and axioms are what reality is made of.
>>
>>1726178
tl;dr - Rolling on molly after marathon cram session.
>>
File: 1474544756584.jpg (81KB, 607x631px) Image search: [Google]
1474544756584.jpg
81KB, 607x631px
Hey Faggots,
My name is John, and I hate every single one of you.....
>>
>>1726178
>that pic
I wonder what it feels like to be a member of the genetic elite.
>>
>>1727053
Meme doesn't fit actual humans.
>>
File: They bought it.gif (436KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
They bought it.gif
436KB, 640x360px
>>1727231
>
>>
>>1726212
The reptilians new age dude?
>>
>>1726178
>Falsifiability as criterium for valid knowledge
Read more Foucault
>>
File: 1473092430144.png (39KB, 379x430px) Image search: [Google]
1473092430144.png
39KB, 379x430px
>>1726178
>Start your post by shitting on academia and how liberal education isn't necessary for intelligence.

>Finish your post by insulting the Bard as "a guy who wrote plays for people with less education than 7 year olds today."

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
>>
That's academia for you: sycophantic and incestuous. As a student it's difficult to push the boat out because you'd be taking a huge risk with your grades. And that, I believe, breeds a very 'safe' culture.

Just take a break and come back to it later, and broaden your research - you'll find an author you resonate with soon enough.

t. Humanities graduate. I don't regret it though my bank account does.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.