[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /his/! We all know by now that gender is a social construct

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: gender-boy-girl.jpg (53KB, 380x316px) Image search: [Google]
gender-boy-girl.jpg
53KB, 380x316px
Hi /his/!

We all know by now that gender is a social construct and has nothing to do with biology (sex).

However some losers still believe there's a link between the two. I'm not very history minded so I need you guys to help me here.

There must be dozens if not hundreds of times in early human history that the sexes have taken different gender roles ie. the men raised the children tended to the home enviroment and made keals while the womyn hunted built and expanded territory.

Could you give me some examples of when this happened please?

Thanks guys!
>>
>>1723244
ireland
>>
I think OP is being sardonic here, but usually gender roles haven't been that flexible through out history. Aside from a few tribal societies, gender roles are quite similar across cultures.
>>
>>1723244
>We all know by now that gender is a social construct and has nothing to do with biology (sex).
Yes gender roles are totally arbitrary and not based on sexual dimorphism at all. It's merely a coincidence women are almost universally subservient to men in every culture.
>>
>>1723244
But if this is true, and man and woman truly are completely equal, with the only differences between us being artificial social constructs like 'boys like blue' and 'girls wear dresses,' then that would mean that there is no such thing as transgenderism, because there are no differences betwen a male and female mind.
>>
>>1723244
Well it's not herstory is it?

The only time in history such a thing has happened is modern times when the marxists went against nature and made an artificial construct known as women's rights.

It's only natural for men to go out to hunt and fight. Women only came along in the most dire of circumstances when there were not enough men. In caves you always find more female than male skeletons. And almost always there are children nearby. The opposite is true when finding male skeletons they are almost always found out in the wilderness.

Men are supposed to be strong to defend their families. The strong men seek feminine women to raise and take care of their children. Right now we live in an age of contempt; Feminism, Homosexuality, Cuckoldry, Etc. Are all weak traits that can not survive without the protection of strong men and the surplus of their labor.
>>
> the men raised the children tended to the home environment
There was not home environment whatsoever most of the history. It was either work or work even more. Female worked, male worked and fucking children worked to death together.
>>
>>1723244
>gender is a social construct
>nothing to do with biology
>out of sheer luck, humans with penises are the leaders in 99% of known past cultures and civilizations
>in the few isolated cases of matrilinear societies, the brothers of female matriarch are the ones taking economical decisions
>>
>>1724948
Well, it is just a cultural tradition to give males the role of the leader.
>>
this is a troll thread you chodes.
>>
>>1724959
The same cultural tradition in every single culture? Wouldn't it be 50% / 50% instead? We're talking thousands of distinct cultural groups, without interactions with each other, spread not only in space, but also in time.
>>
>>1724397
this. female peasants toiled in the fields just as hard as the men did whenever they weren't incapacitated due to pregnancy. the 1950s ideal of the man working and the woman lazing about at home was a fluke in historical terms.
>>
way to fall for extremely obvious bait /pol/tards
>>
File: xyxx.png (20KB, 530x411px) Image search: [Google]
xyxx.png
20KB, 530x411px
>>1723244
The premise of your argument is wrong.

Outliers like homosexuals and klinefelter syndrome do not change the fact that the majority of people are phenotypically heterosexual males or heterosexual females.

I hope you abandon your fear of homophobia and transphobia and embrace scientific fact, you will find that the science proves your sexuality is not a choice and backs up most of your beliefs. Though on this point I have to disagree.

I hope we can all move forward together. God Bless America.
>>
>>1725048
> your sexuality is not a choice
Of course, it isn't a choice. It is forced unto you by oppressive society.
>>
>>1723244
If gender is abstract explain why we have genitalia you stupid fuck.
>>
>>1723244

You sound salty, but whatever. I'll bite.

You are confusing gender and gender rolls.

Its literally impossible to not have blurred lines in every individual when it comes to gender rolls, its not a 100% one way or the other kind of thing. Because life is complex yo. Sensitivity to others is considered a feminine trait, yet a man with none of that is a full blown autistic. Strength and will power is often considered a male trait, but a woman who lacks that probably isn't a very good mother.

Be careful when arguing for specific gender rolls, especially since men have always been considered the disposable gender whose lives don't matter in comparison to women's.

When was the last time you took your hat off in the presence of a women?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.