[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some /his/ approved games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 66

File: Rome total poor.jpg (86KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Rome total poor.jpg
86KB, 700x525px
What are some /his/ approved games?
>>
Paradox titles
Total War series
Assassin's Creed II, maybe Brotherhood and Black Flag

Now delete this thread.
>>
I don't get the grand strategy game meme
>>
Napoleon is best total war game and the most fitting era for a total war formula, as in little diplomacy a lot of wars mostly depending on smart and efficient manoeuvres in campaign map and tactical aspect in battles without much depth in governmental regard.

Also this: >>1717488
>>
age of empires 2

learned a lot of european history from campaigns and that godly manual

seriously, what other game can teach you what "Bad neighbor" and "god's own sling" were?
>>
>>1717490
They are supposed to be a relatively (this is the key word here) more accurate model of historical scenarios. So for example, the Total War titles are mostly about war, you basically have to win battles to win the game. In gsg-s a country's power is based more realistically on other things, like population size, resources, level of technology, political coherence etc. Another part of the appeal is that they are basically sandbox games, there is no campaign and sets of missions to complete, you have to decide yourself what to do with your nation.

No, I'm not saying that they accurately model history, but they are more closer to that than other strategy games.
>>
Anyone /riseofnations/ here?
>>
Medieval total war 2 is great.
No game can recreate the felling of having to constantly try to outdo yourself against equal or superior foes for hundreds of years, then bring your steel clad, rifle armed and cannon equipped forces over to conquer a continent of savages.
>>
File: ayy balloon 2.jpg (40KB, 680x556px) Image search: [Google]
ayy balloon 2.jpg
40KB, 680x556px
XCOM
>>
File: 2014-12-28_00001.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-28_00001.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
>>1717499
Age of Empires 2 is a great way to learn new things about Europe.
>>
I just tried Rule the Waves because some anon recomended it and I'm disappointed.
Yeah ship designing and naval combat are great but it's totally unrealistic, I mean going to war as A-H against USA because they deized Libya. Totally kills the immersion. I expected game to be somewhat historical.
>>
>>1717618
There's no tension penalty for ignoring territory seizures.
>>
RTW mods are even better

eg. Julian, RS2, Europa barbarorum etc
>>
File: .png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1717444
Verdun, for its accurate uniforms and weapons
>>
File: rise-of-nations-04-700x421.jpg (190KB, 700x421px) Image search: [Google]
rise-of-nations-04-700x421.jpg
190KB, 700x421px
>>1717558
This one? I loved it as a kid. All game text in my copy was horribly autotranslated into Russian though, so learning how to play was pretty difficult.
>>
>>1717664
Verdun is what BF1 should've been but sadly kids want automatic weapons and 360 noscopes.
>>
Red orchestra 2, All age of empire games, and eu4.
>>
>>1717497
>as in little diplomacy
Diplomacy still plays an effective role in the game.
Napoleon just did away with the hassle of sending diplomats out to fish for settlements or armies. Not to mention the diplomacy engine itself is actually effective, whereas it was fairly broken in previous Total War series.
>>
>>1717596
>Burgundy
>>
>>1717618
Where do I get (pirate) the game for free? I only found it in their shop and I'm not paying 30 dollars just to find out its shit 10 minutes later
>>
>>1717687
I fucking love the diplomats. They have character quirks and skills that made diplomacy random.
>>
>>1717488
faggot you didn't even list the GSC rts games.
>>
>>1717488
>Total War series
no just no
>>
Mount and blade.

Its great with mods like Brytenwalda.

Also Banished is pretty cool if you enjoy building villages.
>>
>>1717890
fuck off johann.
>>1717878
they were also largely useless other than flavor.
But yes, they were cool.
>level 0 diplomat = worse than a fucking turnip.
>>
>>1717869
rutracker
>>
>>1717842
>Post WW2 borders
>Paris
>Orleis
>Loire

Just about everything on that map is wrong.
>>
>>1717878
>>1717905
In your opinion, is it worth it giving your neighbors money in exchange for them liking you more?
>>
>>1717587
Underrated post
>>
Mount&Blade: With Fire and Steel is pretty solid.
>>
File: battlefield_1_cover_ea.jpg (125KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
battlefield_1_cover_ea.jpg
125KB, 800x500px
>>1717444
>>
>>1717974
I always found the factions to be rather badly balanced in it.
>>
>>1717444

Civilization, the Avalon Hill one, not the Sid Meir one.
>>
>>1717936
In Vanilla, they'd just put off attacking you until only a few factions have been left.
>>
>>1717936
Having strong armies at the border helps.
Most major mods, especially mods that make diplomacy better by disabling backstabbing make the QoL better.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 400x300px
>>1717444
Okami and apotheon
>>
>>1717596
wtf is with that map lol
>>
Crusader Kings 2, best of all! Family drama, trying to get good marriage deals...
>>
>>1717444
Weren't there some historical interactive fiction threads in /tg/ or /qst/ ? Though, most of it is just fantasy-I-don't-want-to-research threads now.
>>
>>1717444
I enjoy most paradox titles.

Enjoyed Crusader Kings as it is a fairly (note, fairly) accurate feudalism simulator. The king only remains the king if most of his almost equally powerful dukes etc think he should be.

In crusader kings you spend the whole game trying to create a primitve nation state, by limiting the power of the nobles and thorougly attaching your family to the kingship, in Europa that goal has been achieved, more or less. I enjoy that aspect of those games.
>>
>>1717488
The AC series is all more or less on the same level as far as historical inaccuracy goes. I can understand singling out 2 because it's slightly better, but Brotherhood and Black Flag?
>>
File: you brought this on youreself.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
you brought this on youreself.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>1717444
Although definitely modern, I loved Spec Ops: The Line
[spoiler]No, I did not feel like a hero[/spoiler]
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYy3K8uXk2g

This campaign from aoe2 the conquerors always gave me the feels.
>>
>>1717596
>Belgium and the Netherlands

Fuckign kek
>>
>>1717444
Ancient Battle series apps

Used to play them all the time when I was stuck with nothing better to do at work.
>>
>>1717488
>Assassin's Creed
Delete your pulse
>>
File: rising-storm-screenshot-3.jpg (168KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
rising-storm-screenshot-3.jpg
168KB, 1024x576px
Red Orchestra and Rising Storm is the most authentics-minded fps I have ever played. I love it.
>>
>>1717497
>Napoleon is the best TW game
No. It isn't. Shogun II + Fall of the Samurai, Empire, RTW I, and Attila are the best ones.
>>
>>1717974
It's not. It's shittier than most Warband mods and you have to buy it.
>>
File: expcon.jpg (453KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
expcon.jpg
453KB, 1536x1152px
I've heard it takes some liberties, but is this /his/ approved?
>>
File: 1382837496905.png (104KB, 198x223px) Image search: [Google]
1382837496905.png
104KB, 198x223px
>>1717497
>Napoleon is best total war game
>>
>>1718501
My man. I haven't played in a while but I thought about starting again, how's population these days?
>>
>>1718579
He's right, it is. It's the most solid, polished and balanced TW game to date.

Attila is a close second.
>>
>Best Strategy
>Not posting fucking Medieval 2
What the fuck
>>
>>1718579
There is no doubt about it.
>>
>>1718501
You ready for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam?
>>
>>1718588
It's shit you nostalgia worm
>>
>>1718517
>Shogun II
Based.
>Fall of the Samurai
Blowing japs up with cannons simulator
>Empire
Playing video games with my developmentally disabled 5 year old sister simulator
>RTW I
Based.
>Attila
tfw you will never be very good at micromanaging stacks of horse archers simulator.

For real tho, Attila is a blast, especially the mobile tribe mechanics but the infantry nerf makes a lot of factions unplayable and it's way too hard to set up trade routes unless you want to play as Rome (why anyone would ever do that to themselves though is a mystery to me). Also waah waah historical inaccuracies.
>>
>>1718597
Someone out there might be ready for it, but I know for sure that it aint me

http://youtu.be/2Beda3kFNjo
>>
>>1718602
Empire is better then Napoleon in every way.

>>1718587
>>1718595
Except you're full of shit because it isn't. Especially with the piss poor faction management and diplomacy system being shit.
>>
>>1718620
>Empire is better then Napoleon in every way.
The ultimate contrarian video game opinion.
>>
>>1718620
The point is that in Total War games factions and diplomacy is always lackluster and TW is best for its combat and campaign map movement efficiency. Napoleon is good because it plays to the strengths of the franchise being a short period of total war with little focus on diplomacy.
>>
>>1718598
You don't know what's good then, fucktard
>>
>>1717444
Mount and Blade: Viking Conquest is pretty rad
>>
Total War, definitely
1. Medieval 2
2. Napoleon
3. Attila
4. Shogun 2
Anything that's not listed is not worth playing
>>
>>1718740
>No RTW
>>
>>1718762
>forgot it
>>
File: feels.png (7KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
7KB, 396x385px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio
>>
>>1717687
I think the series should bring them back but turn the focus for diplomats on securing allied forces and armies to join yours.

Instead of walking an agent to the other side of the continent to ask for trade rights, have them shadow your forces asking NPC generals to follow you, negotiating with local tribes and towns you pass by for support and even troops, maybe creating a rebel faction from enemy settlements with low happiness and public order that's allied with you.
>>
Webdiplomacy

Check that shit out if you haven't yet. Realistic in terms of diplomatic negotations/backstabbings. Played by Kennedy and a lot of other guys:)
>>
>>1718787
YOU SEE A JAP WITH A SWORD...
>>
Age of Kings & The Conquerors
Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge
Tiberium Sun is nice but its a pretty high skill gradient, but not as bad as Dark Reign.. & Starcraft 2 if you can actually compete, better if you have a team.

Age of Empires is alright. So was Online.

Oh and Mage Knights if you're into tabletops. Although if you have infinite money and time, then go Warhammer. And vanilla Chess.

Also Dawn of War is ok, same tier as Dark Reign II.

Mythology is in HD on steam if you have a nice comfortable computer and setup for it else don't bother.

Also if you play AoC play Scandi map, no berries, dual lane fisheries, tight pockets & defendable cliff choke-points. /tiphat Lacedonia. AoE2 has the nicest custom map building in the game if you are just playing single player, do that.
>>
>>1718836
>/history and humanities/ approved
>list random scifi and fantasy RTS games
>>
>>1718813
>You will never mumble your last words as you bleed out from the bullet wound in your stomach.
>>
File: civilizationps1.jpg (102KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
civilizationps1.jpg
102KB, 600x592px
Where's civilization?
2 was the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPC08cPGJw
>>
Empire Earth
>>
>no one has mentioned vic 2 yet
>>
>>1718864
>dat Elvis
always cracks me up
>>
File: 1472606318653.jpg (49KB, 450x539px) Image search: [Google]
1472606318653.jpg
49KB, 450x539px
>>1717974
In the sense that it's historical fiction whereas Warband is technically purely fiction, despite being heavily based on history.

The game itself however is pretty bad. Faction balance is wack and the implications of muskets in a persistent campaign are a chore to deal with. Napoleonic wars didn't have this problem by virtue of being a match based multiplayer game. Plus it's way fucking boring compared to Warband which is a saga of tragedy and triumph.
>>
>>1718840
neopets
runescape
minecraft
midtown madness (2)
brute force
>>
>>1718864
Civilization is so weird. I don't know why they even bother with the historical leaders and countries and shit when every game turns into some wacky scenario where the Byzantines are a liberal Islamic democracy focused on environmentalism and every other faction is just as disjointed. It's like entirely divorced from historical context.

If I were Firaxis I would just make it an open ended game where you can sort of create your own civilization. Like make some custom aesthetics and name it whatever and just roll with that. Sort of like Spore but not disappointing and terrible.

This would be wildly unpopular and probably crash the company but it's more coherent of a concept so fuk u
>>
>>1718892
>midtown madness (2)
>not monster truck madness
P L E B
L
E
B
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NewIWQpem0
>>
File: winged hussars 2.jpg (199KB, 1200x854px) Image search: [Google]
winged hussars 2.jpg
199KB, 1200x854px
Cossacks 3 is out today lads.
>>
>>1718005
Tell me about the Polish anon.
>>
>>1718914
Sick, had no idea
>>
>>1718878
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>1718951
The video. There's a video there.
>>
>>1717558
Surprised to see that somebody still remembers Rise of Nations.
>>
>>1718585
pretty decent
>>
>>1718501
RO1 is better.
>no unlocking shit that was standard issue
>no leveling up
>way more vehicles
>vehicles are also not buggy messes
People still play it too; at least the Darkest Hour mod anyways.
>>
>>1718620
Only if you want a bigger campaign map. Otherwise the mechanics remain inferior, even after the 100000000 patches.
Plus fuck you, it's L'Empereur
>>
>>1718982
Its a Microsoft hit nobody talks about. And frankly, the AoE games shouldve copied that "similar unit but different cultural costume" sprites that RoN had.
>>
>>1717936
Only if you plan on keeping them as an ally
otherwise no
>>
>>1719016
this, darkest hour is based
everything from a jagdtiger to a halftrack and even a volkswagen
>>
Anyone ever played Empires: Dawn of the modern world aswell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nfNW2cVLN8

It was incredibly comfy
>>
>>1718914
MUH DICK
>>
>>1719031
I fuckin love all the teamwork in DH.
>mortars take two people; one firing the mortar, one spotting for it
>bazooka can be reloaded quicker if you have a buddy helping
>radioman can provide a mobile radio for his squad leader to call artillery in from
>>
>>1718907
Because the historical setting is just a backdrop. There's mods that change the setting to Middle Earth and it still plays the same.
People need to realize that Civ is a min/maxing game and history should take a backseat, Firaxis isn't Paradox.
>>
>>1719044
It's not even a backdrop though. The map is randomized, everyone starts at 4000 BC, there is basically nothing dictating that your civilization even remotely resembles its historical counterpart. The historical element is less than that, it's simply dressing.

I get that it's not supposed to be CK2 with it's distinct historical period but I really don't get the appeal of playing as George Washington during the neolithic revolution. I'd rather it just be a complete sandbox than retain the extremely tenuous historical connection.

Civilization comes across as a messy concept, at least in terms of its theme. It's way popular and nobody is asking for what I'm proposing I just think it would be a cleaner idea.
>>
>>1719039
not to mention the way the game rewards you by giving ammo to your teammates, I would sometimes get to the top of the scoreboard because I was the only guy answering the machinegunner/mortarman's call for ammo while everyone else was just running past like a retard.
>>
forgotten hope 1/2
>>1718714
>AI is retarded
>AP longbowmen
>elephant cannons
>>
>>1719019
>literal retrofit mod that makes the battles play like napoleon.
>worse.
>>
>>1719067
>I'd rather it just be a complete sandbox than retain the extremely tenuous historical connection
It's a lazy excuse, yes, but that's why Civ is so moddable. All you need to do to add a new civilization in Civ 4, for example, is edit an XML file.
There's also mods that attempt to make Civ actually historical, for example the Road to War mod for Civ 4 that attempts to simulate WW2.
>>
>>1719090
>AI is retarded
AI is retarded in every TW

>AP longbowmen
Maybe in early game, get gud fag

>Elephant cannons
You mean those expensive units that can get owned easily?
>>
>>1719095
>relying on mods to make your case
>>
>>1719121
>he plays total war unmodded.
>>1719104
Since NTW, every game has had better CAI than before.

Medieval 2 vanilla was shit, and remains shit. Unusable gunpowder units, unusable pikemen, and blatant bullshit makes the vanilla game into a joke.
>>
File: Antonio Velasquez.jpg (171KB, 833x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Antonio Velasquez.jpg
171KB, 833x1200px
>>1718536
It's 100% fun although it's pretty easy/simple and combat can get a bit repetitive.

Don't expect historical accuracy since it's literally alt-history with a bit of fantasy to begin with, but if you can deal with that you will enjoy the adventure vibe of being an european band of adventurers in the New World. No other game that I've played does it better.
>>
>>1718864
They should have kept this.
>>
>>1719035
I did. The campaigns mostly made me rage with their magic pixel-level of precision needed in some campaigns (took me two hours in the first mission in the English campaign to find the exact freakin' spot needed to keep going.)

Not to mention that having Koreans and Chinese "transform" into Russians and Germans always felt a little... disingenuous.
>>
>>1719161
>Not to mention that having Koreans and Chinese "transform" into Russians and Germans always felt a little... disingenuous.

Kek, never played this game, but you got me curious how did that work?
>>
>>1719023
Had great music as well. No modern historical strategy has memorable music these days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXzt_Hbk-fc
>>
>>1719125
>missing the point
I do love mods. But Vanilla Napoleon works just fine. Empire doesn't. Which by any definition make its inferior.

Med 2 was glorious vanilla and even better moded.

>Unusable gunpowder units
Which are banned 99% of the time in multiplayer anyway. They work decently in the expansions.

>unusable pikemen
Noob detected.

> blatant bullshit makes the vanilla game into a joke
It has its faults yes. But it wasn't the near series ending disaster that was Empire or Rome 2. Some of the mods are the greatest in the entire history of the game.
>>
File: 1473710363493.png (542KB, 1116x484px) Image search: [Google]
1473710363493.png
542KB, 1116x484px
>>1717444
Liquoria II.
>>
>>1719241
I don't get this meme
>>
>>1718240
Black Flag's pretty accurate when it comes to pirate info senpai
>>
>>1719222
No it doesn't.
Vanilla empire has better campaign mechanics, a bigger map and a more interesting time period.

Med 2 vanilla was dogshit compared to rome 1. Units didn't work, there was nothing on par with the legionary standard dilemma the player had.

>multiplayer
into the trash you go.
Med2 multiplayer is played by retarded nationalists who come with epic memes like
>ban horsearchers.

>noob
>pikemen dropping their pikes when they get into melee
>noob
no. The fix for pikemen was removing their secondary weapon thus turning them into unflankable units.

Medieval 2 vanilla was a step down from rome 1, and CA never fixed several underlying issues with the game.

but yes, best moddable TW game by far.
>>
File: m2 combat medieval.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
m2 combat medieval.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>1718620
>Except you're full of shit because it isn't.
In other words you can't play.

If you think a bug riddled barely functional game is better you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and probably haven't even played either game.

>>1718714
M2 was great but it wasn't better, thats just your nostalgia, it's actually really dated.
>>
>>1719258
>Paradox finally makes a complex economic system that gives the player a variety of options to run their state
>Because of the game's mechanics, liquor is cheap to make and is always profitable
>powergamers spam liquor factories and buy everything else they need from the global market.
thus liquoria 2 was born.
>>
>>1719274
kek based 2h bug
>>
>>1719274
the only new mechanic napoleon added to the campaign was the regional attrition.
everything else was in empire or previous total wars.
>>
>>1719067
>I really don't get the appeal of playing as George Washington during the neolithic revolution

If I have to guess based on Sid Meier's outlook, it's probably meant as a way for different players to hang their personal campaign stories onto a familiar framework so that they'll be able to have a long term goal or just a way to have some context to a few turns of gameplay.

You're right in that the history content is just a theme to give some atmosphere to game mechanics. I think a lot of historical games, including Paradox ones, are no different though.
>>
File: Holocausttycoon.jpg (104KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
Holocausttycoon.jpg
104KB, 350x400px
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Holocaust_Tycoon
>>
>>1719292
The difference was Napoleon was finished and worked
>>
File: cringing.jpg (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
cringing.jpg
6KB, 194x259px
>>1719308
>uncyclopedia
>>
>>1719272
>Vanilla empire has better campaign mechanics, a bigger map and a more interesting time period.
Combat is still garbage. You want serious campaigning, go with Civilisation.

>. Units didn't work, there was nothing on par with the legionary standard dilemma
aka a saturation of OP units and 3 super strong factions. The rest are shit.

>multiplayer
>into the trash you go
LMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAOO
So you want to be stuck playing against the same predictable, retarded AI for entirety? Multiplayer is what gets these games attention, you fucking autist.

>Med2 multiplayer is played by retarded nationalists who come with epic memes like
Or rather you have an aversion to social interaction. I've met so many amazing people from around the world on Med 2. It's why it's in my top 5 fav games of all time.

>ban horsearchers
Got over 2000 hours on the game. Never, not once has any multiplayer host banned horse archers.

>pikemen dropping their pikes when they get into melee
Thus why you layer them together or within other infantry units. Do this and the line is practically unbreakable unless you know what you're doing. They also remain useful as a mobile deterrent against cav. Noob.

>The fix for pikemen was removing their secondary weapon
Depends on mod.

>Medieval 2 vanilla was a step down from rome 1
Arguable. Rome 1's mechanics play like more of an arcade.
>>
>>1718867
Paradox titles is in the first reply
>>
Medieval Lords: Soldier Kings of Europe is a really fun education DOS game some teacher made about the middle ages. It's pretty primitive, but I'm regularly addicted to it. Not quite as deep as CK2, but I still appreciate some mechanics it has more.
>>
>>1719274
Medieval 2 is 2/10 at best after Medieval 1. Game is utterly shit without any sort of mods.
>>
>>1718585
Population is good, but it is largely consolidated into the Merrill's Marrauders servers.
This coming from the Texas area.

>>1718597
FUCK YEAH I am.
>>
>>1718607
I AIN'T NO FORTUNATE SON OH NO NO
>>
>>1718914
Fire and Sword... Poland... just... FUCK. Fucking winged hussars tanking multiple pistol shots at point blank TO THE FACE.

But seriously, I'd heavily recommend Warband with the Diplomacy mod (or Dickplomacy, some good extra features +lewd; check out /mbg/ on /vg/), as it's the exact same setting as vanilla except superior in quite literally every way. There re also tons of historical mods, not that I've tried any of them.

Also Red Orchestra 2 is amazing. Haven't played RO1 but RO2 is just such a breath of fresh air in the fps scene. Nothing quite captures the feeling of "this is not a game. This is a PTSD simulator" like the way big battles in RO2 consist of: poke head out of cover, die. Look round corner, die. Artillery called in on your position, jump in crater, yell at him to join you in cover, only his torso makes it. It's actually a very atmospheric experience and the fact that balance is disregarded for historical accuracy is seriously a good thing. I swear I am being totally unironic here when I say I am glad there exists a good fps where a bolt action rifle is not balanced against a machine gun.
>>
>>1719533
>+lewd
What kind of lewd could you possibly have in a game as ugly as Warband? Chamber blocking with your dick?
>>
>>1718588
>>1718598
>>1718740
>tfw Medieval III: Total war 3 doesn't exist even though it would be awesome with all the tiny factions in medieval period.
seriously, fuck the Nasamones or whatever backwater tribe in R2TW, i want to fight against Bavarians, Venetians, Burgunidians, Bulgarians, Vikings, Swedes, Lithuanians, Transylvanian, and Moors.
>>
File: 4cskt5y1.jpg (90KB, 339x343px) Image search: [Google]
4cskt5y1.jpg
90KB, 339x343px
>>1719582
>A hundred tiny counties and duchies in Europe
>Moors are one faction

Every time.
>>
>>1719591
>the rest of the map are rebels
>>
>>1719595
>the rebels whether they be "Greek rebels" or "Rhodian rebels" or "Libyan rebels" were all one faction with one set of finances and cities dotted all over the map
heh
>>
File: AmericanRO2pape16x9.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanRO2pape16x9.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>1719533
>Also Red Orchestra 2 is amazing. Haven't played RO1 but RO2 is just such a breath of fresh air in the fps scene. Nothing quite captures the feeling of "this is not a game. This is a PTSD simulator" like the way big battles in RO2 consist of: poke head out of cover, die. Look round corner, die. Artillery called in on your position, jump in crater, yell at him to join you in cover, only his torso makes it. It's actually a very atmospheric experience and the fact that balance is disregarded for historical accuracy is seriously a good thing. I swear I am being totally unironic here when I say I am glad there exists a good fps where a bolt action rifle is not balanced against a machine gun.
it's great because the game isn't just one grand K:D ratio quest. It's literally just trying to stay alive so that you can take an objective, which is what i imagine most fighting is actually like. The gore, the chatter in different languages, and the locations that are far from linear is very immersive.

>tfw when bolt actions were bad enough
>in RS2:V now every gook is going to have an SKS, if not a Chinese AK
You honestly learned why Assault Rifles are the standard when you got the MKB-42, (not that that didn't prevent a Soviet from stabbing you with a Nagant spike bayonet), but now Rising Storm 2 is about to get a lot hairier.

ill dump my RO/RS wallpapers an anon on /wsr/ made for me a while back.
>>
File: NipponRO2pape (1600x900).jpg (319KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
NipponRO2pape (1600x900).jpg
319KB, 1600x900px
>>1719620
>>
File: SovietRO2pape16x9.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
SovietRO2pape16x9.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>1719623
>>
>>1719591
>The Moors are one faction
>The Moors are actually just the Caliphate in the area where the Moors once held dominion.
>>
File: ReichRO2pape16x9.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ReichRO2pape16x9.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>1719627
>>
>>1718501
>tfw no North Africa Burger-on-German Red Orchestra mod/sequel
>tfw no Soviet-on-Nip Manchuria Rising Storm mod/sequel
hopefully Rising Storm 3 will be in Korea
>>
Kaiserreich
>>
>>1718740
>Attila over Shogun 2
>No mention of Fall of the Samurai
>Napoleon that high
>Medieval 2 the best
Shit/10
>>
>>1717488
>Paradox
Autism simulator. You can't even play a full game without spending hours watching tutorials on YouTube because the devs don't include any kind of decent tutorial.
>Total War
First one crashes every time I speed up battles, so I gave up.
>Assassin's Creed
These are fucking great for architecturefags. The second one's treasure hunts where you go through the huge cathedrals is awesome.
>>
>>1719659
Stop having a shit computer.
>>
>>1719659
paradox games are stupidly easy once you learn them though
>>
File: 20160919174352_1.jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160919174352_1.jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
Mount & Blade has a fair number of historical mods
>>
>>1719738
Possibly the wrong image to demonstrate that point.
>>
>>1717652
seconding Europa Barbarorum, there's a version out for MTW2 now with added factions and a rewrite of the history for some of the others, Celts especially if that's your thing. There's a dearth of good stuff on the Hellenistic period, easily available history books as much as games.
>>
>>1719917
Largely because the Successors isn't pleb friendly.
>>
Take up HEMA and stop being a faggot.
>>
>>1719956
>Take up HEMA and stop being a faggot.
pick one
>>
>>1720018
This. If you're gonna take up a martial art, take up a real one.
>>
I'm going to nominate Sengoku Rance. It's an innocent little game.
>>
>>1720043
Agreed, this is perhaps the only game where you can defeat a raccoon Tokugawa Ieyasu and fuck warrior waifu Kenshin.
>>
>>1718864
As much as I love civ games, they always end up doing something silly and/or inaccurate.
That said, they did get me interested enough to learn more about history.
>>
>>1720043
uhhh this
>>
>>1719384

I never got why people suck up to MTW2. It's easily the second most broke of the TW games, after Empire.
>>
File: tumblr post.jpg (125KB, 1180x772px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr post.jpg
125KB, 1180x772px
red orchestra 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_fx73Gr-E
>>
>>1720195
that was actually kinda true to how the fighting in RO goes.

the trailers are trash, i dont know why they make them look so cartoonish and unrealistic to how it goes, it should have a lot more gritty trailers.
>>
File: 1355323893869.jpg (147KB, 850x786px) Image search: [Google]
1355323893869.jpg
147KB, 850x786px
>>1720043
Best game ITT
>>
>>1719258

Victoria 2. Certain troops require liquor so if there is a world wide liquor shortage you have to build tons of Liquor factories to have a big army.
>>
>>1719738
this, the deluge is probably the most realistic and detailed mod for the game
>>
>>1720043
>der wunderwaffe
>>
>>1717444
roblox
>>
>>1718914
Being broke never felt so bad.
>>
>>1717664
verdun looks dank but is it really?
>>
>>1717976
we had lugers n sheit
>>
>>1718812
Great game and you actually get to play against humans instead of a dumb AI;
>>
>>1720429
Glad someone recognizes it
>>
>>1718620
Empire did some things better than Napoleon. The campaign map play was much better in Empire. The shit combat was a deal breaker in empires though
>>
would also suggest the first generation of Combat Mission games

CMBO
CMBB
CMAK
>>
>>1720930
This, I really like the scope and era of Empire but Napoopan is mechanically far superior. It's a bit of a shame.
>>
File: Age_of_Mythology_Liner.jpg (51KB, 256x398px) Image search: [Google]
Age_of_Mythology_Liner.jpg
51KB, 256x398px
No mention of age of mythology? I remember playing it when I was 8, and it was the shit.Too bad they never added more stuff in the Extended Edition.
>>
>>1718740
1. Shogun 2 + Fall of the Samurai
2. Attila
3. Medieval I = Rome I
4. Rome II
5. Medieval II
>>
>>1720971
MY MAN
Y

M
A
N
>>
>>1719603
You know you can make it so the rebel factions start acting somewhat like the other factions does?
Just have to change the kings purse to a positive.
>>
>>1721331
Or some positive, think it must be more than 1500.
>>
>>1717444
Crusader Kings 2
I'm also trying at the moment to get into HoI3. It's one of the hardest games I've ever played.
>>
>>1718068
>>1718132
>>1721350
I really wish they could make the EUIV converter better.
Seeing your rich capital province fall down into a poor shithole in EUIV is a pain.
>>
>>1717444

Red Orchestra/Rising Storm.
Combat Mission-series.
Close Combat-series.
>>
>>1721462
ABIBA
TOOT
>>
File: s1Z7V6k.jpg (139KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
s1Z7V6k.jpg
139KB, 500x667px
>>1718501

Original RO was better.

>>1719016

I'm not against vanity levels, but generally unlocks have fucked up FPS'es. Those give experienced players another advantage, knowing the maps, tactics and shieet should be big enough advantage.

>>1719638
>hopefully Rising Storm 3 will be in Korea

Commie guns vs Yank guns are probably most balanced against each other.

>>1721472

Thanks. I didn't remember where it was mirrored. It was image I was trying to find.
>>
>>1720418
It really is. A bit hard to get into though, its slightly more lethal than RO2
>>
>>1718787
>I'll kill you all !
F
>>
>>1721462
Close combat was my jam
>actual tactics used.
>that feel when taking out a fucking tiger with gammon bombs.
>>
>>1719659
Paradox games aren't that hard to learn. Getting the basics is quick, maybe an hour of tutorials at most, but mastering the game understandably takes time. Try playing as France.
>>
>>1720195
That's actually a really good depiction. Still haven't seen a good first person trailer/movie for RO2 though. You really need to be cowering in fear in a trench, watching your braver buddies get brutally shot to pieces, to really understand what the game is about.
>>
>>1721371
Me too. The conversion was a little fun, but not more. Never felt like you were playing the same country.
>>
>>1719659
Hmm,

Hoi is fucking difficult, but just start with crusader kings 2, move on to EUIV, try Victoria and then go to Hoi. You can make most things automated in hoi so it's not so bad, really.
>>
Any tabletop wargamer in?
>>
>>1721598
>Close combat was my jam

All the comments coming from units were god tier. Once upon time I played with my friend at LAN party, another friend who is pretty good at banter walked by and watched it for a while.

>campaign screen.
>XXX corps.
>What the fuck?
>Is this game all about smuggling porn into Netherlands?

While A Bridge Too Far was by far the best game in series. I once had a German tank crew survive entire war in Close Combat 3 grand campaign. Literally everyone but poor driver was colonel with knights cross with all the bonus items at end due to silly bodycounts. The trick was damaging tracks of tank with last rounds of own mortars at end of missions where new stuff became available, started war with short barrel StuGIII, ended war with JagdTiger.
>>
>>1721723
not proper wargames but boardgamey stuff like Up Front or Combat Commander
>>
>>1718620

Shut the fuck up its inferior in nearly every way
>>
>>1721723

Yes.
>>
>>1721350

When you get around try out the mod BlackICE mate.
>>
>>1717444
Starting a new version of /int/craft on friday
Historical rp and a realistic world map with the date set to 300bc.
Minecraft btw. Basically people build historical cities and nations like Rome, Carthage and try to alter history.
>>
>>1721879
When will you guys do bronze age collapse.
>>
File: WiFgame Sledgehammer.jpg (125KB, 862x522px) Image search: [Google]
WiFgame Sledgehammer.jpg
125KB, 862x522px
>>1721723

You betcha.
>>
King of Dragon Pass
Fuckall to do with history, but it's fun
>>
>>1721881
Isnt that interesting to create dirt and very basic architechture in 99% of the world sadly
>>
>>1721849

BlackICE is shit. The unblanaced bloat is one thing, but the constant savegame corruptions make it a waste of time
>>
>>1718812
It's a game about how's the worst fat liar and who's the lesser evil that will backstab me anyway. Don't know it gets praised so much.
>>
>>1721894

What the fuck is that ugly piece of crap?
>>
>>1721939
*why
>>
>>1721897
>implying it isn't fun to have a game focused on building giant ruins
>>
>>1721902
>unbalanced bloat
what?
doesn't it just make the game more historical?
>>
>>1721963

Historical in a sense, but as a game it adds way to much crazy shit tech which the AI goes hogwild with. By 1944 Russian divisions have 50,000 men each, etc.
>>
>>1721970
any other recco's then?
I was watching a small youtuber play the game, and he seemed to have a good handle on it.

I also love the air combat in HoI3. Having squadrons target particular enemy formations instead of blobbing over europe is always a charm.
>>
>>1721974

Just play vanilla, the other mods have the same problems and save game corruptions after a while which will make a complete game impossible
>>
>>1721974
>>1721986

Also its a pretty easy game overall but I find that sometimes I have to "cheat" in certain ways/ to play as the allies I other have to edit the savegame to bring ports up to level 10 so I have enough supplies to sustain an attack (in north africa, etc), though I dont really think its cheating since the oversea supply system is retarded, I give the opposing force the same benefit too so we can get down to fighting instead of messing with supplies.

Probably the biggest problem with the game is that the AI cannot handle a war on two fronts or launch a large amphibious invasion (supply issues again).
>>
File: TheEliteoftheEntente.jpg (107KB, 750x940px) Image search: [Google]
TheEliteoftheEntente.jpg
107KB, 750x940px
>>1721490
>Be Pvt. Hopkins Jimmy Tommy Atkins Jones, a British regular in the BFE
>Spend most of my days shooting at underfunded darkies, Coming first in the 1900 B̶e̶i̶j̶i̶n̶g̶ Peking Olympics winning the Legations Gold (even against the black nation of the USA), and putting former Europeans in concentration camps at the end of the world
>Some fake German has been killed by some fake Russian in Sarajevo
>USA rings our foreign office, they're stuck, they cant seem to find E̶u̶r̶o̶p̶e̶ Sarajevo on a map
>Quickly point it out to them and head off in a jiffy because this random cause of events means war
>End up loading in the Belgium map
>Set up facing south west
>"If frenchy attacks we'll knock him down like those daft Pajeets my father would talk about"
>Sgt. Spiffy David Davies Ian Smith Jr tells me: "we're actually fighting the Germans m8"
>Chuckle Out Loud
>"I beg your pardon m8"
>"Yeah We're fighting Germany m8"
>"Thanks for the update m8"
>"No worries m8"
>Set up on the other side
>Hear noise in the distance
>Sounds like the foreboding sound of European misery and protectionism for car manufacturing
>Oh wait its just the Germans
>Got a dirty Hun in my sights
>Pull the trigger
>Bolt is in wrong position
>Ohshit.jpg
>Chamber a new round
>Line up my British made SMLE Mk III sights on Fritz
>K/D is now 1.0
>"Foking noice" the m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶a̶r̶d̶e̶d̶ Scottish recruit yells above all the rifle fire
>Pull out my grenade
>French pvt. is chatting shit about me in froggish
>"Bon tir"
>Drop a frag at his feet and yell for the lads to clear the trench
>That'll teach him for chatting shit
>The grenade doesn't go off
>Sigh
>Probably made in Dublin
>After hours of heavy fighting one of the Belgian squads leaves the game so we loose and are forced to retreat
>Cpt. Harold Godwin Simon Noble Richmond III hands out the after action report
>Mfw the elite German squad of the match is called Kek is love Kek is life
>Turn off PC and go outside
>>
>>1722010
So did trudeau actually say that or is it /pol/ believing it's own memes?
>>
>>1719170
Not the guy you're replying to, but it works like this

>play as Chinese/Korean at late middle ages or something
>Eventually you technologically advance into a new age
>The new age is ww1
>you get a pop-up in which you pick one of two countries
>after you do this, you change into the faction you've chosen and have all their units etc
>>
>>1719659
>paradox games are difficult
>>
>>1719035
I wish I could get this working on w10. Seems impossible unfortunately. Just need to hope gog releases a fix one day.
>>
File: 1473383621151.png (482KB, 512x507px) Image search: [Google]
1473383621151.png
482KB, 512x507px
>>1722015
Bit of both. Trudeau said something similar, with the general meaning of "ISIS wants the West to go full crusade on Muslims, so they can martyr themselves and show the other Muslims of the world that there really is a war against them and that the West wants to oppress them". In general, ISIS attacks are meant to be b8 instead of going for the big prize like Al Qaeda liked to do. Some liberals have taken that to mean we should just ignore all terrorism because of that, while /pol/ has taken it to mean that ALL liberals are advocating complete disarmament in the face of Islamic terror.

Memes have once again overtaken real life.
>>
Mount and Blade warband, obviously
Can't wait to murder not-romans in Bannrlord
>>
>>1720999
they just released a DLC with china
>>
>>1717532
I love the Paradox games but I would kill to have something with deeper economic modelling, internal politics, diplomacy, etc.
>>
>>1721723
I am, but even then read "games" as "PC games"... SAGA and historical Kings of War are the best!
>>
>>1718240
>2
>better
All except 1 are trash
>>
>>1718501
>this
>>
File: cossacks3.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cossacks3.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: American conquest.jpg (581KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
American conquest.jpg
581KB, 1280x960px
>>
File: American Conquest.jpg (178KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
American Conquest.jpg
178KB, 800x600px
>>
File: Cossacks2.jpg (396KB, 1280x986px) Image search: [Google]
Cossacks2.jpg
396KB, 1280x986px
>>
File: Imperial-Glory.jpg (213KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial-Glory.jpg
213KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Age of Pirates.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Age of Pirates.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: dwm-2011-12-11-15-46-11-62.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dwm-2011-12-11-15-46-11-62.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
>>1719067
>Civilization comes across as a messy concept, at least in terms of its theme. It's way popular and nobody is asking for what I'm proposing I just think it would be a cleaner idea.
Yeah but let's be honest here, the single best iteration of this game mechanic was the one that no normie knows about. And Alpha Centauri gets away with "the same leaders live for the duration of the game" thing because the characters artificially extend their lives. It's even referenced in a quote by the Uber-capitalist character:
>"I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be nice."

And as far as Civ goes, as much as I like it for being a solidly put together game, there have always been things about it that bug me. Like why did it take 500 years to raise a unit of cavalry? And there's no real dynamic in place that lets old civilizations fall and be replaced by newer ones, so you have goofy shit like New York City in 4000 BC existing before the city of York and existing all the way until it was conquered by the Babylonians in 1650 CE. And it's still basically whoever wins the land grab wins the game, so if Japan actually did only exist on a small island, it would be a shitty civ just ripe for the conquest. I find it leads to worlds with very static histories which grow in predictable fashions.
>>
File: 2014-07-18_00001.jpg (699KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-18_00001.jpg
699KB, 1920x1080px
>>1722860
Damn that architecture looks lovely.

Also AGEOD if you don't mind complex rules. Got me into American Civil War history for a while.
>>
>>1721676
I think hoi is the second easiest in my opinion.
>>
>>1721462
>>1721472
>>1721598
>>1721804

Any of you try FireFight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u23UA4xNVTc
>>
>>1719659
>First one crashes every time I speed up battles, so I gave up
Why are you playing Shogun 1 in the first place? While revolutionary for it's time and still very fun, it runs like cock and always did.
>>
whats the best city building game?
>>
>>1724717
Depends. Sierra's Emperor is the best historical city building game. Cities: Skylines is the best contemporary.
>>
>>1717444
Metal Gear Solid 3 and V, Portable Ops, and Peace Walker.
Not really instructive on actual history but set in a historical setting nonetheless.
>>
>>1724722
>Emperor
>better than Pharaoh
filthy Numidian detected
>>
>>1724813
It genuinely is, nostalgia is the only thing pharaoh has better than emperor
>>
>>1724829
>>1724813
And to be fair pharoah has better monuments
>>
>>1717596

"ANOTHER GLORIOUS DEFEAT FOR FRANCE"
>>
File: load_1024_2.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
load_1024_2.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>1719640
this
Darkest Hour of course
>>
>>1722885
this
>>
File: NigLem (2).jpg (38KB, 229x306px) Image search: [Google]
NigLem (2).jpg
38KB, 229x306px
>>1717558
>Romans
>Medieval Age special unit = Caesar Legions
>Gunpowder Age special unit = Praetorian Guard
>>
File: 1464463349821.gif (2MB, 230x250px) Image search: [Google]
1464463349821.gif
2MB, 230x250px
>when you're playing CK2 and your son fucks everyone in the realm with a vagina, from the queen of the realm to his sister
>by the time he inherits, practically every title holder is cucked and raising one of his bastards
>>
File: 1457162427600.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457162427600.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>1724717
Simcity 4
>>
>>1720421
I believe that's a Walther. Correct if wrong pham.
>>
>>1725279
It's a Mauser.
>>
>>1725297
>Mauser
Bergmann Bayard
>>
File: periclesbanner4.jpg (188KB, 657x217px) Image search: [Google]
periclesbanner4.jpg
188KB, 657x217px
>>1721723
I'm pretty hyped for Pericles
>>
PROSTAGMA?
>>
Crusader Kings 2 with the Historical Immersion Project mod. I am playing as Croatia (Hrvatska) and took over the Balkans and Greece after the ERE collapsed and then re-established the Basileía Rhōmaíōn as the Rimsko Carstvo (because I am Croatian). Then I enherited the Kingdom of Sicily (including Rome) from my mother and voila we've got a pretty good Roman Empire going.

Idk, I could have just created a custom empire and named it Rimsko Carstvo or something but the fact that the HIP knew enough to call the Byzantine Empire controlled by a Croat the Rimsko Carstvo is just super cool to me. Next order of business is regaining Anatolia and pressing my wife's claims in Iberia. Then hopefully I can mend the great schism because pretty much my entire realm is Catholic now.

Fuck, I need to get bored of this game soon because it's eating away my life.
>>
>>1724653
huh, havent even ehard of it
looks like a proper close combat clone
>>
>>1717596
wew, those borders. Is that a French Roussillon in the 1400s? Is that Belgium and the Netherlands? Were Alsace and Lorraine even French at that point?
>>
>>1720043
Playing an actually historical game set in the Sengoku Jidai and recognizing the clan and leader names is pretty weird because I can't help but picture them all as characters from Rance. Like I couldn't help but want to be friends with the Uesugi clan and cowered in fear of the Otomo clan because I had PTSD from their machine guns.
>>
File: cmbbwittman3.jpg (110KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cmbbwittman3.jpg
110KB, 800x600px
>>1721301
>>
File: ddd.jpg (69KB, 562x247px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
69KB, 562x247px
>>1725592
i have only ever kept these trophies
>>
>>1718867
/thread
>>
>>1725255
What mods you using for that field senpai?
>>
>>1721948
Looks like one of the few PC versions of World in Flames. Probably the original Computer World in Flames.
>>
>>1725640
Damn good results!
>>
>>1719272
>I never played Rome 1 on release
It was horrendous.
>>
>>1725798
Was one hell of a game. BI was great too.
>>
>>1725805
It was ridiculously broken on release though. They did fix it (sort of, diplomacy was never fixed) but its release was worse than M2's
>>
>>1725798
Only if you don't play mods. Rome 1's combat system is miles better than the psuedo-warscape of Medieval 2.
>>
>>1725815
>diplomacy was never fixed
Just finished up a campaign and used my diplomats to the fullest during it.
>>
>>1725822
I was talking about the vanilla release (back in 2004). I still play XGM and Viking Invasion 2 occasionally
>>1725838
Try initiating a deal after you've already had one deal be rejected. They'll refuse out of hand even if the offer is a 1mil gold gift or something
>>
>>1725859
yes goddamn this shit is annoying

bandying empty words is pointless
>>
>>1718907
This. I find it impossible to reconcile the game's obvious lack of any semblance of an attempt at realism with the inclusion of historical factions and people. Civ should either swing way in Paradox's direction gameplay-wise or use made-up factions instead.
>>
>>1719274
The AI in M2 was total dogshit. Probably the worst out of every TW. The combat never looked right either. They looked like they were swinging at air half the time.

Medieval 2 was pretty shit tbqh.
>>
>>1725459

Yeah, but its a mobile port so I haven't bought it.

The CloseCombat guys are working on a new CC game in a new 3D engine, hope itll be out next year.
>>
>>1726139
Close Combat: Normandy 6 (3D)?
>>
>>1724653
>Any of you try FireFight?

I didn't even know it existed. I will try it once have played few games from my backlog.
>>
File: OverByChristmas.png (2MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
OverByChristmas.png
2MB, 1280x768px
Commander: The Great War.

Simple enough to pick up quickly, complex enough to have a lot of fun with on replays. The AI makes blunders occasionally, but does a very good job of punishing your mistakes.
>>
For you guys who like RO2, Squad is quite a good game. Mightn't really be up /his/ alley because it is set currently but it is quite a good, realistic shooter. Glitchy as fuck as well because it's early access but it has great devs that keep everyone updated on what's going on.
>>
File: LondonFallen.png (2MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
LondonFallen.png
2MB, 1280x768px
>>1726214

One more screenshot, just because I've only gotten this one once legitimately (by the time you're in a position to invade Britain, they're often pretty much alone in the war and will frequently surrender the minute you put your transports to sea).
>>
>>1726214
>>1726217
Seems like an even more dumbed down HoI.
>>
>>1726148

>The Bloody First is in full production and we plan to start beta testing
during January 2017 (and to release before the end of Q2 2017).

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4116917
>>
File: mius01.jpg (75KB, 620x362px) Image search: [Google]
mius01.jpg
75KB, 620x362px
Don't think I've seen any of the graviteam tactics series mention ITT

It's buggy as shit, but really good imo, a bit similar to combat mission, but in real time
>>
Does anyone else know of Eric young's squad assault?
>>
>>1726221

Not really, unless your only point of reference for 20th-century wargaming is HoI.
>>
>>1726363
Just looking at the UI, it doesn't seem very complex and in fact seems very simplistic. Almost like a TW game without the tactical battles. Don't get me wrong HoI isn't complex either (outside of 3) but this looks even less complex. Either way, it's not Grigsby levels of autism. THAT is complex 20th century war gaming.
>>
>>1726283
I'm aware of it, but not played it. The other bloke that co-admins the pretty much dead /tg/ historical wargames general offshoot steam group added it to the recommendations but the reviews scared me off a bit.
>>
>>1726371
Also I guess I can add the Grigsby series to the list of good historical games.

War in the East and War in the Pacific are the current best, but they're rather expensive (80-90 USD iirc). Definitely, the most complex wargaming experience you'll have on PC.
>>
Did you guys like CC3?
The entire war was such a fun fucking clusterfuck
>put all my points in a KV1 because I fell for the heavy tank meme.
>it's engine blows up right when I finish deployment.
Soviet reliability, not even once.
>>
>>1726374
If you enjoy that type of wargame then definitely get it, It isn't really complicated, but it feels very unique and I don't think iv'e seen a realistic game with quite the scale of graviteam games on the market

I've only played the recent Mius Front version, so in my experience it runs somewhat shit, and is buggy, especially with the ai, although it is very enjoyable

Also there's various versions focused on different time periods, and I believe they're making a new one focusing on the Japanese theatre during ww2
>>
Wargame: Red Dragon for all your Cold War gone hot 80s fantasies.
>>
>>1718034
underrated post.
those two games might not be "historical" but they're the best representations of ancient Japanese and ancient Greek culture I've seen in vidya games, way more say for example god of war or ninja gaiden
>>
>>1722128
mod?
>>
Anyone play the original company of heroes?
>>
>>1726697
2 is superior in nearly every way.

yeah.
>>
>>1725859
>>1725919
Think ahead and be prepared. Sure it's not perfect if you use your diplomats well, life will be so much easier in allowing you to keep a prime threat at bay while you vanquish lesser factions and build up your treasury.
>>
>>1726735
>2 is superior in nearly every way.
except being a fun rts

although the dlcs for coh1 have already failed at that i suppose
>>
File: tropico-5-2015617184834_1.jpg (60KB, 584x360px) Image search: [Google]
tropico-5-2015617184834_1.jpg
60KB, 584x360px
This WHOLE fucking thread and not one mention of the Tropico series.
>>
>>1726787
I thought the original coh with just us and Wehrmacht was the best, I tried coh2 but didn't like the mechanics but that was during beta testing so I'd imagine it's alt better nowadays
>>
>>1726816
I like tropics 4 the most but 5 is good once u get used to the changes
>>
>>1726787
its an objectively better RTS.
True LoS means that smoke is actually used to cover assaults, soldiers can ambush without cloaking fields.
Tank combat is better even though relic removed side armor courtesy of tanks holding fire and reversing.

Oh, and better/more extensive VA.
>>
>>1726824
Pretty much this. Tropico 4: Modern Times was the pinnacle of the series and since then, it's been more Tropico DLC.
>>
>>1726827
Better sure, more fun? not at all
>>
>>1726827
it's an assfaggots tier rts
meaning a bad rts
>>
>>1726768
Should read "but if you use your diplomats well."
>>
>>1726837
>everything I don't like is an assfaggots
Just keep jacking off to brood war then.

>>1726834
It is though. Otherwise CoH1 wouldn't be dead.
CoH2 built on CoH1 and filled the gaps by bringing in QoL changes and adding mechanics so that the game didn't necessarily become more easier.
>>
File: red_dead_redemption_screenshot2.jpg (168KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
red_dead_redemption_screenshot2.jpg
168KB, 1080x608px
>still no mention of the best wild west game ever made
what the hell /his/
>>
>>1726858
>Just keep jacking off to brood war then.
thanks i will
>>
File: 20160822192243_1.jpg (637KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160822192243_1.jpg
637KB, 1920x1080px
>>1718501
there's nothing quite like a massive BANZAI charge with ur fellow nip buds
>>
>>1727152
TENNO HEIKA
>>
Surprising his doesn't hate TW

also, m&b or btfo
>>
>>1727210
Hating TW is a meme. Paradox games and mount and blade also have inexcusable flaws yet they don't get shat on as much.
>>
File: 1454396321975.jpg (16KB, 240x239px) Image search: [Google]
1454396321975.jpg
16KB, 240x239px
>>1718866
MAH NIGGA! Age of empires never let me build submarines or fucking mechs.
EE2 I think was a great improvement but 3 fell hard.
>>
>>1727217

Just go to /gsg/ and you'll find the people who hate Grand Strategy games the most are the people who actually play Grand Strategy games.

They don't get shit on besides that because idiots think they're hard and their criticism is "It's too complex it's a spreadsheet simulator you need autism to play it!"
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>The Age of Empires II Attila the Hun campaign

Okay the first two missions are kind of shit but after that oh my god
>>
Rome 2 with the DeI mod is the best total war IMO. It makes it have the most intricate economic/diplomatic/supply/recruitment/replenishment etc etc mechanics out of all the total war games and all their mods and it also makes the battles more realistic and fun. Plus there are a bunch of submods so you can further customize it if you want.
>>
>>1717444

Blitzkrieg is where it's at boys.
>>
>>1726858

The only way to play CoH is with the Blitzkrieg mod. CoH 2 was pretty shit desu.
>>
>>1725252
> wed your family members to eachother
> keep this up until your line is basically the only line without everyone being inbred, fuck all cadet lines
> consistently marry off inbred kids into a single foreign royal family until they're all inbred too
> Repeat with other families
> Be the only person with a throne without a dad-uncle
>>
>>1726518
Cheers
>>
>>1718907
>>1725976
Civilization is literally the Super Smash Bros of /his/.
>>
>>1717558
Loved that game when I was in Middle School
>>
File: HYPE.png (91KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
HYPE.png
91KB, 240x240px
>>1725252
>Current character is old as fuck
>Only son is homosexual
>Fighting some faggy border war
>Son loses an arm
>Son ends up captured and has an eye removed
>killme.avi
>No clue how the fuck he'll get an heir
>Suddenly, a crusade
>Son joins
>Goes to jerusalem
>Takes muzzies captive
>Gains a bunch of combat skills
>Crusade ends up a win
>Son returns
>In the next year, he has 7 children
>None of them belong to his wife
>No idea how this happened
>>
>>1726499
The fuck is CC3?
>>
Combat Bump.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.