[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i don't get why people rate da vinci higher than Michelangelo.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (457KB, 1920x1200px)
maxresdefault.jpg
457KB, 1920x1200px
i don't get why people rate da vinci higher than Michelangelo. or even Raphael for that matter
>>
>>1716969
Michalangelo wouldn't stop fooling around, and Raphael was an asshole.
>>
there was another thread yesterday with the ranking raphael > michelangelo > da vinci which is 100% accurate. not sure where i would put donatello -- probably between michelangelo and da vinci

it probably depends on how many works by each artist a person can name
>>
Da Vinci's not the superior man, but he's definitely the most renown, seeing that his work is the easiest to identify.

>mona lisa
>the last supper
>vitruvian man
>numerous sketches depicting mechanical contraptions, anatomical diagrams, and breathtaking artwork

Michelangelo may have painted a number of influential pieces, but unless you bother to do any research, most people don't readily associate him with his creations. "David" is known as just "the statue of the guy with the small penis" to a lot of people, for example, and the same can be said for the rest of those men.

Also, Da Vinci was largely seen as a polymath whose artistic abilities were one of many. His contemporaries are seen as artists first, and everything else second, so they're not viewed as impressive.
>>
>>1717100
But Michelangelo was a polymath too.
Nigga was an architect, a sculptor, a painter and designed clothing.
he just didn't do meme doodles of helicopters in ye oldene moleskine
>>
>>1717140
Yeah, exactly. Most of these men were polymaths, Da Vinci's just more widely recognized as one for whatever reason.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.