[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taman Shud Case

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 750px-SomertonManCode.jpg (168KB, 750x599px) Image search: [Google]
750px-SomertonManCode.jpg
168KB, 750x599px
What is your favorite unsolved mystery?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamam_Shud_case
>>
I think they're fairly certain he was a Soviet spy who was poisoned via his cigarettes.
>>
File: 1-yxNGQtOoc4ESVGiFmTpHVw.jpg (278KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1-yxNGQtOoc4ESVGiFmTpHVw.jpg
278KB, 1200x800px
Dyatlov Pass incident:
9 Hikers die with really no clear reason.
With the way these people died, and the pics available send chills up my spine.
>>
Karmen vortex, although it's still brutal
>>
I can't remember his name, but there was a similar case that for some reason is never mentioned alongside this, I think because the guy had confirmed mental illness.

Guy had killed himself on a beach in Sydney I think around 1946, he'd been posted to Singapore for a few years though in some official capacity, had a brother that was a diplomat or something. I think the guy was a Brit, or maybe a second-generation Australian, but he was from some well-to-do British family.

He also had a book of poetry, which was either by the same author, or the same collection of poems, but was definitely not the exact same book. He had a history of mental illness which got worse, so he was basically under constant treatment in Sydney after being in Singapore.

>>1714355
No, they're really not. There's basically nothing certain about the case.
>>
My favorite. Might be ayys

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_Masks_Case
>>
File: 19450825 - The Mirror (Perth).png (911KB, 1020x1578px) Image search: [Google]
19450825 - The Mirror (Perth).png
911KB, 1020x1578px
>>1714405
Found it! Found a news article online, thank you based NLA.

His name was Joseph Haim Saul Marshall, his politico brother was this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Marshall_(Singaporean_politician)

A few excerpts:

>PERTH POET-SUICIDE CHOSE OMAR VERSE AS HIS EPITAPH
>Some astonishing evidence was given by Samuel Saul Marshall, of Perth, formerly of Singapore, brother of 30-years-old Joseph Haim Saul Marshall, formerly of Perth (also known as George Marshall), who committed suicide by taking poison in the bush close to the water's edge at Taylor Bay, Sydney, on June 3, at the inquest which concluded last week. Joseph Marshall was found with a copy of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, the Persian poet, [...]

>His brother said that when he was 7, Joseph met with an accident in Singapore, which affected his health, made him averse to society. At the age of 18, he was sent to France for higher education, after 5 years there, seemed to have a 'very strange attitude' towards life.

>Joseph Marshall came to Australia in 1939, lived a life of complete seclusion with books of a philosophical tendency. He later worked for the Prices Commission.

>Bunbury Visit [...] "There he took an overdose of a certain type of pill. It did not take effect, and he then walked to the edge of the sea here he was arrested. He was given intensive insulin treatment, and at the end, the doctor either had to confine him in a mental home or give him the chance of becoming more stabilised.
>>
>>1714431
Damn I love that one. Making metal masks to protect u from the ayyys.
>>
>>1714347
The sea ppls
>>
>>1714386
Hasn't that been explained? They got hypothermia and then got nude and tried to get back into the tent
>>
>>1714464
Mermaids? Crab people?
>>
>>1714347
Never heard of this but cursory glance over the information is pretty interesting.

My initial thoughts are its a spontaneous death and likely they didn't have the scientific wherewithal at the time to establish. I note the coroner says he tested for forgeign substances and 'found none' but I suspect again this isn't necessarily conclusive.

The name, missing labels and so on seem coincidental to me. There were a lot of people moving around the planet through this years post WW2 displacement and he could easily have been a refugee with an assumed name. The note in the pocket could mean anything in addition to something nefarious. Someone else's pants, some personal significance, a charm or token, who knows.

Very interesting. There's an excellent ex FBI serial killer and general unsolved crime expert, John Douglas, so I'd be really interested in any thoughts he'd have on this.
>>
>>1714386
Hypothermia, wild animals eating dead bodies and media/internet sensationalism.
>>
>>1714768
Reddit
>>
>>1714347
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Stevik
>>
>>1714431
They were just ayy obsessed cultists who killed themselves in an attempt to reach the ayys. Kind of like Heaven's Gate, but on a smaller scale. Like pretty much all of the other classic unexplained cases, there's a good explanation around, but most people don't seem to know or talk about it because the mystery is more interesting.
>>
>>1715188
How do you know it was ayy conspiracy
>>
>>1714431
> 32 years old
> scared of reasonable things like social decimation and nukes
> literally get bed wetting nightmares when I even see creepy alien face art
Is there something wrong with me?
Im not coming back to this thread in fear of one guy posting a pic of one so I'll never know
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 960x1248px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 960x1248px
>>1717075
You'll be back.
>>
>>1714790
I seriously doubt the guy was a refugee, given where he was, the condition he was in, and the stuff he had. Adelaide was a backwater, there are few reasons why he would go there, and many of the stuff that he had that indicate he'd travelled through America and Britain, even if they could be bought within Australia, probably couldn't be bought in Adelaide.

>I also just realised my grandfather could've sold him that ticket, I'm pretty sure he worked that line
>spoopy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.