[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain Neo-Confucianism to me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (255KB, 1024x768px)
image.jpg
255KB, 1024x768px
Explain Neo-Confucianism to me
>>
>>1712483
wait, that's a thing?
>>
+2 tolerance to heretics
>>
>>1712483
I sense that you are the same guy who posted to have Buddhism explained to you, and you do not want to do your Comparative Religion homework.
>>
Much like Platonism.
>>
>>1712483
Take Confucianism and base its authority on a metaphysical version of itself.
>>
>>1712524
Fuck you
>>
>>1712578
Explain
>>
>>1712664
Confucianism is no longer justified by its effectiveness, but now because it is the proper way the Earth is to be arranged to bring it into harmony with the Heavens.
>>
Confucian ethics, Buddhist Metaphysics, Taoist Cosmology
>>
>>1712483
neo confucianism was just like the transition between the age of myth and the bronze age

people became increasingly sophisticated in their understanding of natural phenomena, which allowed them to refine which parts of confucianism were groundless, and which ones weren't.

neo-confucianists described phenomena such as evolution, orwell's concept of newspeak, price equilibriums, and the theoretical technological singularity in the 1200's (although to be fair plato describes natural selection.)
>>
>>1712678
So neo-confucianism is a religion?
>>
>>1712483
Neo-Confucianism to Confucianism is what Wahabbism is to Islam.

Except Neo-Confucianism doesn't hate technology, doesn't condone suicide bombing or genocide of others.

It's simply fundamentalist Confucianism which focuses on key principles of piety and conservatism in ways that Confucian thinkers believe was the natural way of the world.
>>
>>1712483
Led to retarded shit in Japan & Korea such as class freezes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.