[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the East-West schism is mended, does this mean Nicky will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

If the East-West schism is mended, does this mean Nicky will become a Saint in the Catholic church too, or will he lose his Sainthood status?
>>
>>1708359
I reckon he'd still be a saint.. I think.
>>
>>1708359
Wait the Orthodox actually sainted that man?
>>
>>1710012
>the Orthodox
No such thing, the Russian church might have sainted him.
>>
>>1710012
Russian church lives in denial of reality.

And I could probably go to jail for this post.
>>
>>1710033
>>1710034

So did the Russian Church actually Saint the man who lead their country into 2 disasterous Wars and whose bungling and stubbornness unleashed the horrors of communism?
>>
>>1710049
Well, why don't you find out the answer for yourself?
Anyway, even if they sainted him, it's probably more because he's the last tsar and symbol of the old Russia before it became communist, not because he was a super successful ruler.
>>
>>1710049

Yes, along with his wife and five children. In 1981.
>>
>>1710049
>In 1981, Nicholas, his wife and their children were canonized as martyrs by the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia, located in New York City.
>On 15 August 2000 Nicholas and his family were canonized as passion bearers, a title commemorating believers who face death in a Christ-like manner, by the Russian Orthodox Church within Russia.
>>
>>1710057
Dam I just read the wiki page and that is messed up.

It was kinda funny how despite doing the same thing they gave the Catholic and Lutheran servants the cold shoulder.
>>
>>1710065
Servants were also canonized in 2000.
>>
>>1710078
Except for the the non orthodox ones.

>>1710065
How do they justify them but not all the White Army Soldiers, Officers and supporters who gave their lives in defence of faith and fatherland?
>>
>>1710082
In Russia life of the plebs is cheap. It was like that and it still is.
>>
>>1710082
>How do they justify them but not all the White Army Soldiers, Officers and supporters who gave their lives in defence of faith and fatherland?
Muh miracles and healings
Muh people support
Muh took it like champs without fighting like Jesus said.
Muh emperor gave us lots of money while he still was alive
>>
>>1710093
>>1710095

Do other Orthodox Branches get bothered by stuff like this?
>>
>cause untold misery for millions
>ruskies make him a saint

I'm not even surprised given most of Russias history.
>>
>>1710098
The ones who were in the Eastern bloc are filled with ex-KGB agents and Russian whores, so they're pretty much the same shit - corrupt and incompetent.
>>
>>1710099
Gud boi dindu naffin. Was gubmint fault. Can't be blamed for gubmint decisions.

Alternatively.

Dem commies were asking for it. Couldn't have done otherwise.

Alternatively

We don't care about how he ruled, only that he was a gud christian boi in personal life/specific time period and really suffered.

There's a lot of mental gymnastics involved into this. Really they just want to stick it to commies.

>>1710098
Greece/Serbia sucking too much of our cock to complain. Same probably applies to everyone else, they just do it more quietly.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.