[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think happened to the Roanoke settlers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

What do you think happened to the Roanoke settlers?
>>
Probably attacked and absorbed into a local tribe.
>>
>>1706840
Destroyed by Injuns.

But shitlibs will try to tell me with a straight face that they peacefully decided to join the local tribe(s)
>>
File: irene storm copy.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
irene storm copy.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
I suspect they pushed inland after a hurricane wiped out the colony, trying to find undevastated place to live and. Their are intriguing hints of European penetration into inland Carolinas and possibly Georgia that show that some of them MAY have gotten a fair ways inland, presumably merging with or being killed by local tribes along the way somewhere.

But where they were sitting was basically wearing a really a big "Hey hurricanes, kick our asses!" sign around their necks.
>>
>>1706870
If it were a hurricane, wouldn't the folks returning from England have noticed storm damage?

I'd say probably attacked and absorbed into a tribe too.
>>
>>1706840
They died.
>>
File: daring.png (164KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
daring.png
164KB, 500x500px
>>1706840
>>
If any of the Roanoke colony was absorbed into a native tribe and not killed then it was probably only a few women. Taken as war brides no doubt.
>>
>>1706840
Absorbed by a local tribe. It wouldnt be the first time it happened
>>
it abvious the the eternal croats genocided them

>croats
>civilized
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.