[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catholic Divorce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1457380396877.jpg (181KB, 911x584px) Image search: [Google]
1457380396877.jpg
181KB, 911x584px
Valid grounds for annulment of marriage in the Catholic Church include, but are not limited to:
*you married for social status but the person did not have the status you expected
*you didn't know marriage was a "permanent relationship"
*you married intending to have the option of divorce open
*you did not know marriage was an "exclusive relationship"
http://www.stmarys-waco.org/documents/Grounds%20for%20Marriage%20Annulment%20in%20the%20Catholic%20Church.pdf
https://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/marital_consent.htm

But adultery isn't one of them. Neither is abondoment. So if your wife gets knocked up by another guy, you are obligated to stay with her. Or if you are a mother of three and your husband leaves, you are obligated to raise them as a single mother. But all these stupid reasons are allowed

Compare the Orthodox reasons for divorce, very simple, very practical, pic related
>>
Oh, and the Pope recently said most Catholic marriages aren't valid anyway: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/most-marriages-today-are-invalid-pope-francis-suggests-51752/

According to Catholic procedure, this means any Catholic couple who could qualify for annulment but doesn't get one, is living in fornication. They just don't know it. And there is no way you can unless you apply for annulment using every method available--if you don't, there a very good chance you are living in fornication.
>>
It's funny because my country practises religious lessons and we're Catholics and as far as I remember the orthodox list in large part applies to Catholics as well.

Outside of points 4, 5, 6.

The silly grounds for annulment don't happen because Catholics get sort of "pre-marriage course" so things like "I swear I didn't know marriage is permanent, officer" isn't a thing.

Oh of course the marriage is cancelled for only one party - so for instance if you were guilty of adultery your spouse can divorce you but you can't divorce your spouse.

But again I may be wrong.
>>
>>1704932
The Pope himself said most Catholics don't know marriage is permanent, and so their marriages are invalid
>>1704923
>>
>>1704913
>Cucktholicism as it best

When will cucktholicks learn that you don't save your religion by keeping in the liberals but by expelling them so they cannot corrupt the flock.

Catholicism is a huge joke now
>>
>>1704963
at least they're doing better than most mainline proddies
>>
>>1704913

Why shold anyone care?
>>
>>1704975
The Pope is going to celebrate Reformation Day with the Church of Sweden, so they're heading in that direction.
>>
>>1704923
Offhand comments by the Pope aren't binding
>>
Having Catholics live in a country where no-fault divorce is legal and socially accepted leads to all these stupid reasons for annulment. So many Catholics get married thinking divorce because "I'm unhappy" is an option if things so south. In Francoist Spain, where canon law and civil law regarding marriage were identical, this wasn't an issue. Regardless, divorce is evil (much worse for society than feygellah marriage, even).

As an aside, why do social conservatives love Reagan? He signed the country's first no fault divorce law while CA. Gov.
>>
>>1704963
The types of people who were Catholics going into seminaries in the 70s are atheists getting their MA in transgender studies from Oberlin now. Things should turn around gradually
>>
>>1704982
European Protestantism > American Protestantism tho
>>
>>1704913

>According to Christianity, the old Jewish Law was something that was harsh and unyielding, intended to demonstrate the incapacity of mankind to live by a just set of divine rules
>Jesus comes along, ends all these backwards, draconian rules, sets up a divine compact which takes into account human frailty, something much easier to perform
>But while we're here, let's make divorce way, way more restrictive. Obviously, that strict command from God didn't go far enough.

I never got it myself.
>>
>>1705358
European Protestantism isn't much different from Mainline American Protestantism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs
>>
>>1705361
>Jesus comes along, ends all these backwards, draconian rules, sets up a divine compact which takes into account human frailty, something much easier to perform
But that's not the point at all, in talking about divorce Jesus says Moses made it easy because hearts were hard, but Jesus says however divorce is a serious sin.

Jesus is not about making things less strict, his rules are actually way more demanding. He just does away with all the stuff that Pharisees were using create a religion where expertise meant finesse at finding loopholes and ways to ensnare other people.
>>
>>1705336
The Pope has complete authority over what can invalidate a marriage. Whether or not this comment is intended as binding doesn't matter so much as the point, which is that things like "I didn't realize the commitment" can certainly be used to justify annulment.
>>
>>1704982

The cardinal sighed and shook his head over the emperor’s naivete. "If in 1,800 years we clergy have failed to destroy the Church, do you really think that you'll be able to do it?" he answered.
>>
>>1705418
"Not unless a single bishop is considered God's sole representative and prophet on earth, alone being the pillar of the Church," replied the Pope.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.