[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the closest anyone has come to being the overman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: alexander-the-great-3.jpg (85KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
alexander-the-great-3.jpg
85KB, 900x750px
Is he the closest anyone has come to being the overman?
>>
not quite
>>
>>1700922

Him or Napoleon I guess.
>>
>>1700922
considering that him, caesar, napoleon and a bunch of others were all pretty much the same guy then yeah

inb4 someone suggests goethe
>>
>>1700926
>dat fag posture
This scene never happened though.
>>
>>1700922
Nah Jesus beat the daylights out of him on that front, as did Muhammad
>>
He was a doucher just like everyone else.
>>
>>1701541
if we're going to play the who is the most influential game then socrates wins
>>
It's Lenin
>>
>>1700922

Being a leader of men does not define Ubermensch.

The tyrant is as far from the Ubermensch as the serf.
>>
>>1701655
Exactly. The true overman would be a benevolent philosipher. Buddha?
>>
>>1701660
he'd be some kind of superpredator with superpowers and shit
>>
>>1701129
>considering that him, caesar, napoleon and a bunch of others were all pretty much the same guy then yeah
They (he) are a proof that time travel exist, pretty much.

What's his endgame anyway?
>>
diogenes_of_sinope.jpg

FTFY, OP.
>>
File: gilmour_2-030614.jpg (908KB, 940x1539px) Image search: [Google]
gilmour_2-030614.jpg
908KB, 940x1539px
>>1700922
Gabriele d'Annunzio, senpai.
>>
>>1701541
>>1701660
what? Jesus and Buddha were lastman as fuck, always doing life-denying shit. Jesus didn't even try to fight his crucifixion even though he had superpowers.
>>
>>1701748
i'm pretty sure i'm the latest reincarnation, multiple teachers have commented on how similar i am to napoleon

and i honestly have no fucking clue
>>
>>1701851
i'm pretty sure i'm the latest reincarnation, multiple teachers have commented on how similar i am to napoleon

and i honestly have no fucking clue
>>
>>1701854
i'm being serious...
>>
>>1701854
>>1701859
You.
>>
>>1701819
>always doing life-denying shit
isnt this the point of transcending humanity?
>>
>>1702042
read nietzsche again

or read nietzsche for the first time idk
>>
>>1701819
You aren't denying life if you've stepped over dissipation. In fact, the self-contained lives that they both led were an exaltation of life. Years after their death, we feel their presence.
>>
>>1701142
how the fuck do you know? were you not there to witness its not happening?
>>
>>1702076
not him by the way

> After sacking Thebes, Alexander remained in Greece only a short time; he hardly had the leisure (or inclination, considering the grand expedition preoccupying him) to go out of his way to meet with a (still obscure) philosopher. And he was relatively obscure himself. True, he had conquered Thebes, but he was not yet ‘Alexander the Great’, world conqueror, which detracts from the piquancy of this supposed encounter between arch-potentate and arch-philosopher.
>>
>>1701819
Maybe Jesus was just a hardcore stoic type that accepted his fate. Isn't that part of the challenge of eternal recurrence? To accept and embrace your existence even at its lowest point even if it's not physically possible to "enjoy" something like your own torture and execution.
>>
Nietzsche said his overman was closer to Cesare Borgia than Christ. Machiavelli was drawn to the same man. Read 'The Prince'. Nietzsche also mentions Thucydides in the same light. The ethos of Thucydides and of Machiavelli holds the key. He's not here yet.
>>
>>1702203
he said more of a cesare borgia than a christ as a comparison

given how often he refers to napoleon in his unpublished work it's pretty obvious that in his later period a napoleon uncorrupted by the means he used to get power is who he had in mind
>>
>>1700922
No, that was Cyrus the Great.
>>
File: iranians are white.jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
iranians are white.jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
>>1702233
CUTE!
>>
>>1702233
Messiah
>>
>>1701617
>Not Aristotle being the most influential
>>
>>1704022
Memes aside, there are a lot of white Persians and Iranians.
>>1704047
Messiah, Liberator, Annoited, Lawgiver, Cyrus was pretty fucking based.
>>
>>1701655
>Leader=tyrant
Bit of a strawman no?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.