[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should you never get involved in a land war in Asia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Ride_of_the_Valkyries.jpg (51KB, 1260x708px) Image search: [Google]
Ride_of_the_Valkyries.jpg
51KB, 1260x708px
Why should you never get involved in a land war in Asia?
>>
>>1700713
Its a cold war axiom.

Since Mainland Asia is pretty much the turf of communist powers at the time.
>>
idk OP

too many competing interests?
>>
Inhospitable terrain outside of urban centers. Willingness of its inhabitants to participate in partisan/guerilla actions.
>>
>>1700713
Because you can spend years killing slaughtering them and still lose
>>
>>1700713
Because the only way for an outsider to win is by going Full Mongol.
>>
>>1700713
cause they ain't never gunna run outta gouks
>>
>>1700713
care to join me?

>>1700729
>>
>>1700768
Why is that a reason to not start a land war in Asia?
>>
>>1700713
roi
>>
>>1700768
>>
>>1700713

I got involved once and it was completely fine.
>>
>>1700768
But mongols werent outsiders in asia.
>>
>>1700713

The Japanese were highly successful in conquering Asia during WW2, even with the US heavily involved in the pacific.

it was only when Germany's defeat was assured that Japan started losing territory to bolstered British/Commonwealth/US forces, and even victories were hard won if not Pyrrhic for the Allies.

The only decisive defeat Japan suffered was at Midway, and that was because the US intercepted Japanese naval codes.
>>
>>1700713

It's very very big, when it doesn't consist of mountains, jungle or desert, it consists of endless plains that are ridiculously difficult to hold.
>>
>>1701066
>>1701070

Asia in this case basically means the great steppes from the Altay mountains to Ukraine.
>>
>>1701070
No. The attack on Pearl Harbor was made on the premise that the US would sue for a quick peace.

Even if the war in Europe was prolonged for two years, the US would've still had gobbled up the Japanese Empire by clever island-hopping and encirclement.
>>
>>1701070
>they only decisive defeat japan suffered was at midway

>what is the battle of the Philippine sea
>What is Leyte gulf
>>
>>1700715
Nah, it's just something that Montgomery said to bait Americans.
>>
>>1701070
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK-UjS4ntao

triggered
>>
>>1701107
Yeah good luck protecting a island empire without a navy.
>>
>>1701066
>t turkoid
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.