[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vlad did nothing wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Vlad_Tepes_-_Blatt_2.jpg (607KB, 488x696px) Image search: [Google]
Vlad_Tepes_-_Blatt_2.jpg
607KB, 488x696px
Vlad did nothing wrong.
>>
File: Matthias_Corvinus.jpg (751KB, 1100x1470px) Image search: [Google]
Matthias_Corvinus.jpg
751KB, 1100x1470px
he had a hard life
>pope is impressed by vlads work against the ottomans
>wants to support his campaign effort and start a new crusade by sending money to the king of hungary/croatia, matthias corvinus to give to him
>instead of funding vlad corvinus uses the money on himself
>when finally vlad gets news about the money that was suppose to help his campaign against the ottomans he goes to see corvinus
>corvinus has pretty much already spent all the money and knows he doesn't want vlad to talk
>what does he do?
>he ambushes vlad and takes him prisoner for around 4-5 years
>he only releases him after he promises not to tell the pope
>meanwhile wallachia pretty much is falling apart cause of the Ottomans
I can see why romanians and hungarians dont get along that well today
>>
>>1699852
True dat
>>
Ottomans did nothing wrong
>>
>>1699921
>Both surrounded by Slav's
>Both have a history with the Ottomans
>One claims descent from Trajan and Rome
>One claims descent from Atilla and the Huns
>Both hate each other

Kind of funny when you think about it.
>>
For his time? No, he really didn't. He was the head of a buffer state and was in charge of keeping the Ottoman empire from spreading into Europe while also having to deal with a bunch of internal political bullshit that resulted in him getting usurped a couple of time. Considering that and his terrible upbringing (brought up as an Ottoman prisoner with his brother who ended up being brainwashed and becoming one of them), yeah, his actions were reasonable for the most part.

Also keep in mind that many of the stories about him are considered to be at least somewhat suspect. A lot of what we think we know about Vlad comes from propaganda which was intentionally intended to make him seem like an evil cartoon villain. He might have done some of it, but probably not any more than other medieval rulers.
>>
File: 1439156350191.jpg (35KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
1439156350191.jpg
35KB, 295x300px
>>1699921

Corvinus was of romanian descent himself. Romanians stealing from other romanians is nothing new...
>>
>>1699940
>>One claims descent from Atilla and the Huns

nobody claims that though
>>
>>1699852

I agree.
>>
Vlad and Wallachia was the Byzantine Empire of his time. Doing what needs to be done to keep the muslims at bay to protect the rest of Europe.
>>
>>1701392
>Hungarians being descendants of Huns
That opinion existed among scholars back in the 15-16th century and maybe latter, supported by Hungarians themselves, and is still believed by the some obscure Hungarian nationalists theories.
This was the popular explanation for the origin of the Hungarians, given the (superficial) similarities between the Huns and the 9th century Magyars

>In4 source
I can't remember, but it's true.
At the very least, Nicolaus Olahus wrote about this in "Hungaria et Attila"
>>
>>1699852
He was a real and actual DINNU NUTTIN WRONG.

Based. Loved his people. Loved his land. Loved his God.
>>
>impaling
>>
>>1701613
Yes exactly it was basically a legend in medieval times plus an idea for some braindead far righters today, thats about as far as its veracity and general belief goes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.