[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Esperanto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: esperanto.png (22KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
esperanto.png
22KB, 2000x1333px
It might be just me going crazy but are we seeing a rise in posts regarding Esperanto?

On 4chan?

Also: general esperanto thread
>>
>>1691098
Can we make Esperanto great again?
>>
>>1691117
it was never great to begin with
>>
>>1691098
Just learn Latin.
>>
>>1691098
esperanto is such a weird phenomenon. it's like, for people who are too fucking stupid to learn latin or another interesting language with actual ability to read content, experience culture, etc, but these people still want to be acknowledged as worldly and cultural.

like, it's almost like people learning esperanto have no connection to the content of the material they engage in, and don't care, because it's all fucking awful.

it's almost like they're autistic.
>>
>>1691117
No. The original appeal of Esperanto was the idea of a universal language, something that everyone could learn and would let you communicate with people all over the world. In the early days of the language's existence, that kind of hope for unity was hyped up enough that lots of people thought it was a worthwhile effort. One of my grandfathers taught it to himself in the 1920s because he was dealistic enough to believe that.

Now, the language has existed for about 130 years and it hasn't accomplished anything. None of the above happened, and the best people can hope for when they learn it is to have bragging rights about learning Esperanto. Without that original hope, there's no reason to see it as a useful language.
>>
File: 1438569115269.png (753KB, 1008x672px) Image search: [Google]
1438569115269.png
753KB, 1008x672px
>>1691098
>prescriptivism
No thanks.
>>
>>1691098
>It might be just me going crazy but are we seeing a rise in posts regarding Esperanto?
Considering this is the first Esperanto thread I've seen, technically yes.
Gone from none to one is a 100% rise.
>>
I don't get why you'd spend so much time learning some random Jew's relexified Yiddish.

If you want to speak to the most people, just learn English or Mandarin. If you want to know Jew speak, just learn Hebrew or Yiddish. If you want to appear cultured and well read, just learn Latin.

Why go through the trouble of learning a language that offers literally nothing except hipster points?
>>
>>1691098
>are we seeing a rise in posts regarding Esperanto?
This is the first I have seen in forever, so yes, yes we are.
>>
>>1691611
>Gone from none to one is a 100% rise.
It is not really, since you can multiply zero by whatever and will still be zero, this is actually way more than a 100% rise.
>>
>>1691616
>relexified Yiddish
I thought that theory wasn't often seen as credible?
>>
>>1691098
Learning a language no one uses just to be quirky. Why not just put the same effort into something useful.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.