[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colonial America and Slavery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2256x2155px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2256x2155px
So there's a TON of information on slaves in colonial America. You can learn about the way slaves were treated and how they earned freedom. There's one thing, however, that I have trouble finding. Slave owners in colonial America. I've found almost nothing on slave owners or their way of life. What was their religious beliefs? Any slave owners of color? What kind of profit was made? If anyone can provide a few primary sources on the lives of slave owners in America between 1585 and 1815 that'd be awesome. Otherwise share what you know, I'd love to know more about it.
>>
>>1690830
Bumping because this is genuinely interesting.
>>
I suppose I'll bump with some info on Joshua John Ward. Joshua was a very successful man with over 1100 slaves in his possession. His slaves mostly worked in the rice fields he owned. That's about all thats known about him. Some info on the rice fields. About 4 million pounds of rice was produced on his six plantations. Because rice mostly grew underwater, there would be mounds of dirt that slaves could stand on so they didnt stand in the water too long. If one were to sit in water all day, their flesh would fall off and rot. This is why he also invested in water buffalo instead of horses, the buffalo could stand in the water all day with no effect on their health.
>>
>>1690830
We aren't going to do your history homework for you
>>
>>1690830
make money
keep money
>>
>>1690830
Most freedmen of the era owned slaves. This was true right up until the civil war. Same with the border native tribes. However, in all truthfulness, they were a small minority of the small minority that were slave owners.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.