[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I read that executioners were usually common working men who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Monmouth - jack ketch 2.jpg (86KB, 186x282px) Image search: [Google]
Monmouth - jack ketch 2.jpg
86KB, 186x282px
I read that executioners were usually common working men who volunteered to take up the job. What was the incentive to do so? Were they paid?
>>
>job
>were they paid?
yes executioners were paid
>>
>>1690412
Sometimes victims would pay them to do a clean job
>>
>>1690423
How much?
>>
>>1690412
They got a house and salary for lobbing off heads and shit. Don't know about Europe but Edo period Japan had different executioners for commoners and samurai though they were both samurai.
>>
>>1690412
Depends on the executioner. Sometimes it was a family job, as in the case of the Sanson family.
>>
>>1690438
about three fiddy i believe
>>
Apparently in france the position was hereditary

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles-Henri_Sanson#Family_history
>>
>>1690491
>tfw you always wanted to be a lowly farmer but now you have to execute people
>Ughhhhh Dad
>#FrenchProblems
>>
>>1690412
I believe they got the boots.
>>
>>1690412
>What was the incentive to do so?
Well for one thing you've always got business.
>>
>>1690412
"My christian name is not important"
>>
Depends on the country and time.

I think in Japanese societies they were usually on the lowest rank in social hierarchy.
>>
>>1690489
epic good gentlesir! this screencap will be upvoted to the top!
>>
>>1690534
*tips fedora*
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.