[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-Mounted Shills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1465955582610.gif (3MB, 280x208px) Image search: [Google]
1465955582610.gif
3MB, 280x208px
Why is this board shilling against mounted longbowmen?

For some reason, a large group of /his/torians have an agenda to cover the fact that English longbowmen on horseback did NOT fire from horseback. This raises many questions.

Especially because I'm pretty sure I can fire on horseback with my longbow and fire a longbow on horseback in vidya games.

Why then, would these shills shill against the concept that mounted English longbowmen couldn't fire from horseback?

I've been given numerous accounts on why they couldn't, none so far even accurately answer the question, as if they're evading it by answering it "casually".

Surely there must be true /his/torians that would agree with me on this?
>>
I suppose it could be done.

But they just didn't do it.

That's probably what /his/ is saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_longbow#Battle_formations

>In summary, however, the usual English deployment in the 14th and 15th centuries was as follows:

>Infantry (usually dismounted knights and armoured soldiers employed by the nobles and often armed with pole weapons such as pollaxes and bills) in the centre.

>Longbowmen were usually deployed primarily on the flanks, sometimes to the front.

>Cavalry was rarely used but, where deployed, either on the flanks (to make or protect against flank attacks), or in the centre in reserve, to be deployed as needed (for example, to counter any breakthroughs).
>>
>>1689464
>trusting a board that believes the catholic church was the main force behind the renaissance

/his/ - History Memes
>>
Sure you can shoot a longbow from horseback.

But why the fuck would you need to when deployed in an army like this:

>>1689571

You don't need to shoot your longbow from horseback. It would be fucking stupid.

It would be a lot smarter to be on foot and take better aim, protected by your comrades in close formation.
>>
The fact that nobody ever did proves it's a shitty idea. That's not even a question. The question is WHY was it a shitty idea?
>>
>>1689464
an idea of cavalry is gaurantee a +1-0 ko before losing your mount

and archery is about tactics, hit and run, maneuverability, higher rates of fire in chaotic or compact places

longbows is about melting memes
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.