[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: thirty years war.png (67KB, 585x419px) Image search: [Google]
thirty years war.png
67KB, 585x419px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-11-22-47-43.png (611KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-11-22-47-43.png
611KB, 720x1280px
>>1686400
Every one for not accepting the one true faith of Bertism.

Jokes aside, protestantism a shit and the protestants shouldn't have chimped out like they did.
>>
>>1686437
t. Papist fag
>>
>>1686400
The emperor, and nobody but some calvinist chimps. Civilized protestants, ie lutherans, were already able to follow their religion. And he czech rebels, no matter the religion, were traitors to their feudal lord like it or not.

Relevant lutheran princes only rebelled against the emperor when foreign powers, be it the swedes or the french, made them do it. Sometimes by threatening them. Look how the saxons only follow the """protestant""" side when forced by the swedes and help the emperor after that.
>>
>>1686471
>and nobody but some calvinist chimps denied it first
>>
>>1686448
I unironically like Luther but Protestants are the niggers of religions, they should have atleast tried to be more civilized and not chimpout.

Signed, the One True Faith of Bertism.
>>
>>1686400
What's the deal with Brandenburg? They oppose the Emperor for a half of it and then support the emperor.
>>
>>1686492
It's the Thirty Years War, they ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>1686492
Brandenburg is fuck
>>
>>1686492
The electors of Brandenburg were protestants with calvinist sympathies, if not calvinist themselves. So they were not gonna join the emperor in their crush of the calvinist/bohemian rebellion (because that's what the 30 years war was in this first stages) but they didn't want to declare war to the emperor, that's treason. Brandenburg tried to be neutral all the war but Gustaf Adolf, who was married with the elector's sister, literally forced him to join the "protestant" cause after deploying the swedish army in Brandenburg.

With the death of Gustaf Adolf and with the swedes losing ground to the spaniards and the austrians, Brandenburg like other protestant princes agreed to join the emperor again. After all the war was against foreign invaders, protestant or not, and like I said no ancient regime noble likes to be traitor. I don't know/remember in what context Brandenburg leaves the hostilities so early in the war.
>>
>>1686492
I think the emperor reached an agreement with most german states who wanted to end the war and have peace at that time but the swedes kept on fighting so they turned against the 'invader'. Confession barely mattered since 1635. The war turned into a fight for european hegemony
>>
>>1686758
Is that the same reason Saxony switched sides for?
>>
>>1686758
The same is true for Saxony, by the way, but they had no reason to have any sympathy towards calvinists because the elector was a convinced lutheran. Except this time it wasn't the ruthlessness of Gustaf Adolf that drived Saxony to the protestant side but the retarded ruthlessness of Tilly (of the catholic league) who occupied Saxony to prevent it from joining the swedes, a stupid action actually made a loyal vassal to side against the emperor for a while. Both sides had ruthless and retarded moments, not only protestants or swedes.
>>
>>1686786
Yes and no, see>>1686791 They did come back to the emperor for the same reasons as Brandenburg, but joined for different reasons. I don't know if Gustaf Adolf would've been able to make Saxony to join him with occupation and terror like he did with Brandenburg, had the catholics not thrown the tantrum.
>>
>>1686400
Poland for helping Austria.
>>
>>1686831
Prussia was arguably more harmful for the poles and they would've never grown to preeminence had the HRE stayed strong and victorious. Not to mention the swedes. If anything Poland should have helped Austria more.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.