[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Darwin have an impact on philosophy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: charles-darwin.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
charles-darwin.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
Did Darwin have an impact on philosophy?
>>
Absolutely.

Materialists partying hard, and people misreading a description of a natural process of change for another faith to believe in, one of progress and biological "improvement."

It's a milestone in the philosophy of biology.
>>
Social dawinisim you dole sucker. You need this much help for your homework?
>>
Maybe positivism was the current ideology at that time. Positivism stating there is a linear course in which history advances, like some sort of "logical evolution to..", had significant effects on many disciplines and theories since XVIII century. If there is an ideology i would relate darwinism with, is that.
>>
Yes. He's literally the reason the flock have went astray from their shepherd and why society has become so satanic.
>>
>>1684693
This to.
Religious extremists found a scapegoat for the bad thing in society.
They claim that evolution turns humans into animals and that somehow leads to violence, despair and degradation of society.
>>
he's not suppose to

only reason Christfags are so butthurt is because he dismissed the Teleological argument

If god was in charge of evolution, god would look more like a /b/tard than a perfect being.
>>
File: chimp_ss.gif (28KB, 120x82px) Image search: [Google]
chimp_ss.gif
28KB, 120x82px
>>1686478
Considering a literal Genesis means He placed a tree that could screw over humanity in the center of paradise, I'd argue YEC makes Him look even more like a /b/tard than Him directing evolution.
>>
>>1684676
Sure, though many of the beliefs spawned by Darwinism are borne of error and misinterpretation, and over-generalization of his concepts (i.e. outside of biological life).
Now it's just used as a misleading term for current evolutionary theories.

Best thing that came out of it was A. N. Whitehead, I'd say.
>>
>>1684676
Nietzsche was one of his earliest readers, so yes.
>>
>>1687146
Yeah, God should have warned them that if they ate from that one tree, they would die.

You know, amidst the millions of other trees that were fine to eat from.

God really should have warned them that eating that fruit would cause them to die.

"Eat this fruit, and die" is what God should have said.
>>
>>1684676
You cannot be a Darwinian philosopher or Darwinian theologian; if you believe you are nothing but the mutant spawn of lower level life, created at random with no God whatsoever involved or existing, then both philosophy and religion are nothing but mental masturbation for beta males.
>>
>>1687380
What good is warning one of death when they have no idea what that is?
>>
>>1687384
>both philosophy and religion are nothing but mental masturbation for beta males

FTFY
>>
>>1687384
Nah, you're completely incorrect in both cases.

I'll give you philosophy and religion being mental masturbation, but it's absolutely possible to be a Darwinist and a theologian/philosopher. Not that anyone is actually a Darwinist anymore as biology has kept on advancing past Darwin, but hey.
>>
File: 1468786114440.jpg (74KB, 720x505px) Image search: [Google]
1468786114440.jpg
74KB, 720x505px
>>1687384
>evolution
>"random chance"
>>
>>1687400
>/his/
>STEM
>>
>>1684676

Unintentionally invented Anthropology pretty much
>>
>>1687384
I was created by clay your argument is invalid
>>
>>1684688
Darwinism masked faith through necessity?
I think faith and belief are important in evolution. To some strange extent I think they are byproducts of stress through necessity
>>
>>1684700
religious extremists fear their evolution, dont you think?
>>
File: 1432975869873.jpg (725KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1432975869873.jpg
725KB, 1200x1200px
>>1688517
what does faith have to do with natural selection?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.