[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of saint veneration?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 11_1_3_saints.jpg (42KB, 240x307px) Image search: [Google]
11_1_3_saints.jpg
42KB, 240x307px
What does /his/ think of saint veneration?
>>
>>1683486
I think worshipping real people is a step up from worshipping imaginary friends. Unfortunately saints are mostly pussified "men" who enjoy being cuckolded.
>>
>>1683486
Polytheism.
>>
File: cover-page-doujin.png (781KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover-page-doujin.png
781KB, 707x1000px
Veneration of the saints is merely a remnant of pagan tradition, embraced in the early Church by the desire to accommodate the Greeks and Romans who were accustomed to their pantheons of gods, demi-gods, hero figures, nature spirits, etc.

Christianity's own theology shows saintly veneration to be absurd: why should one bother with praying to the saints for intercession, when one can simply pray to God directly and avoid the middle-men? If God is perfect and just, why does he impose this celestial nepotism, that humans should relay their prayers to intermediaries rather than to him directly?
>>
Exodus 18:7

The actual word used here is the Hebrew word for worship. In other words, it says Moses worshiped his father-in-law. Hebrews did not consider that a big deal, since they knew the difference between the homage paid to God, and that paid to men. After Christianity became the dominant religion, there was made a sharp distinction in terminology, between "latria" (homage due to God) and "dulia" (veneration in general). This was because a lot of people were former pagans, so a terminology had to be devised that would make it clear saints were not to be given homage as deities.
>>
Only real Christians recognize that saints are worthy of praise and worship. I personally prefer the Virgin Mary to worship though
>>
>>1683616
>>1683651
>this is what papists actually believe
>>
It was simply taken from Jewish veneration of OT patriarchs at the time of Jesus

Also, the only Pagan thing about it is the whole banquet with the Saints and the patronage system which ironically is taken from secular aspects rather than religious
>>
>>1683558
I don't understand how pic is related
>>
>>1683558
1 Kings 13:6
hurrr
>>
>>1683492
>dimitrios and giorgios are pussies
My family celebrates Dimitrios
>>
>>1683486
Absurdity
>>
See me debunk Catholicism over here

http://www.whitehorseblog.com/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.