[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Teutoburg Forest an Inside Job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: e7E6fHr.jpg (1MB, 1280x933px) Image search: [Google]
e7E6fHr.jpg
1MB, 1280x933px
Its not like a whole Liegion of well trained men can just be bested by a bunch of untrianed Germens. And the Romans definatly had control of the whole provinces there, even with Tribes trying to usurp them. And are we supposed to just BELIVE that Varus was going there to just put a "rebellion"? Geez guys, German Spears can't cut Roman Armor! The Germans were are trying to take over the Roman Empire, and this was thier plan all along! Varus was in on the plan, and he was going to Benifit since less men in the Army = more land for the State and more land for the land owners! Open your eyes sheeple!
>>
im honestly always amazed by what people can come up with. I could think about Teutoburg forest for days and things like this would not cross my mind
>>
Good post
>>
>>1681919
Rome has been batling germanic, cibri etc since its incarnation. what the fuck are you on?
>>
It made me lol.

What about them treacherous Gauls who supported the Germanics with their Celtic moneys?

...and what about them evil Goths and Visigoths in Spain who trained the hijackers at their Iberian flight schools?

Also, there is no proof a plane hit the Coliseum that day.

It was most likely a guided Germanic missile.

Don't believe the Roman mass media.
>>
>>1681919
Well it actually was an inside job. Arminius was a Roman officer who led his superior into an elaborate trap.
>>
File: adrianople_378.jpg (196KB, 736x1065px) Image search: [Google]
adrianople_378.jpg
196KB, 736x1065px
Wagons cannot beat cataphractoi.

Germanic officers deliberately badly advised Valens leading him to fall into a trap so that the cream of the Roman army was destroyed in a single pitched battle. Why else would Valens march his troops against the Goths instead of waiting for Gratian's reinforcements? Why else would he march them so hard that they were completely parched when the battle began?

It was the snowniggers Austin.
>>
>>1682055
This. OP is retarded
>>
>>1681919
>German Spears can't cut Roman Armor!
just like steal fuel cant melt jet beams
>>
>>1682055
This
>>
Teutonic ambushes can't encircle Roman legions.
>>
>>1682055
>>1682196
>>1682556
Reread the op
>>
>>1682055
Literally this
>>
jews did teutoburg
>>
DON'T TRUST THE ETERNAL GERMANIC

>In the autumn of A.D. 9, the 25-year-old Arminius brought to Varus a report of rebellion in northern Germany. He persuaded Varus to divert the three legions under his command (composed of the 17th, 18th and 19th legions, plus three cavalry detachments and six cohorts of auxiliaries) from the march to winter quarters to suppress the rebellion. Varus and his legions marched right into the trap Arminius had set for them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arminius#Battle_of_the_Teutoburg_Forest
>>
You guys think the based Suebian knot will ever make a comeback?
>>
>>1681961
It had to punch it's easy through Celts to make it to Germans
>>
>>1682055
This. Arminius was a German given Roman officership, but they thought he would be ok with then attacking his lands.
>>
>>1686000
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.