[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost civilizations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (938KB, 880x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
938KB, 880x405px
What's /his/'s favourite mythological/theorized civilization? Which ones do you think could be real, if any.
>>
>>1675729
Midkemia's Valheru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QleNedcplI
>>
File: iceageworld.png (2MB, 2048x939px) Image search: [Google]
iceageworld.png
2MB, 2048x939px
>>1675729
Atlantis and Hyperborea
>>
>>1675729

Atlantis aka Minoan Crete
>>
Mu, Shambhala, or the City of Z. There's almost certainly undiscovered sites in the Amazon jungle.
>>
Not sure if this counts, but I find polynesian megalithic culture interesting, especially one island in particular, Malden Island.
This island is salty desert in the middle of the ocean, it's small, there's no trees, and there's no fresh water. However, there are ruins on the island, and basalt roads running into the ocean.
I did some 'research' of my own, and went and read the books of Kenneth P Emory on the island, and W.A Dixon. One thing I found out that is not listed on the wikipedia page is the native name of the island, listed as Tera Kupatea in Kenneth's book. This refers to how the only source of shade on the island was the pisonia grandis tree.
Apparently natives from Manihiki had told him this, they could list several of the chiefs names and asserted that Malden's inhabitants had been washed off the island
If you look up the word pukatea, you will find that it is the Manihikian name for the pisonia grandis tree, which according to wikipedia is the only tree species present on the island
A more likely name for the island is terapukatea, and if you look this up you will get one result, an old list of names that includes this under the Malden Island category.
One thing to note it that the manihikian natives were workers brought over, they could have invented the name while they were there.

You can find kenneth's book online under Hathi Trust, but I am still trying to find 'Notes on Malden Island; by A.J Campbell and 'Notes on the meteorology and natural history of a guano island' by W.A Dixon.
>>
>>1675851

i love this
>>
File: nan-madol.jpg (858KB, 2811x2008px) Image search: [Google]
nan-madol.jpg
858KB, 2811x2008px
>>1675858
You might like Nan Madol, it has a Atlantean vibe going on. Also the Lelu complex on krosae
>>
File: 01 Puma punku.jpg (195KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
01 Puma punku.jpg
195KB, 1600x1200px
>>1676102
On the subject of impressive structures in unlikely places, what do you guys think of Puma Punku?
>>
File: Puma-Punku-Stone-Carving.jpg (111KB, 756x510px) Image search: [Google]
Puma-Punku-Stone-Carving.jpg
111KB, 756x510px
>>1676109
Puma Punku hurts my brain.

We need computers and lasers to cut shit like this.

They did it with what? A hammer and a fucking chisel?

Fucking aliens maaaaaaaan...
>>
>>1676703
>We need computers and lasers to cut shit like this.

No we don't stop making Erich von Däniken bullshit arguments.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.