[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to remember something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: OGNTT8O.jpg (107KB, 730x960px) Image search: [Google]
OGNTT8O.jpg
107KB, 730x960px
There was a faction, i think it was sometime in american history, either the revultionary war of the civil war, that liked to talk big but when it came to actually fighting was completely gutless.

I want to say busar or bursar, pretty sure it starts with a b...
>>
c'mon guys, you're supposed to know this stuff.
>>
>>1675707
There were only two factions in both wars and all fought pretty well.

Are you referring to a certain militia maybe?
>>
>>1675737
No it wasn't a faction that actually fought in a war, it was a faction that basically spouted a lot of angry rhetoric and calls to violence but whenever it came time to fight or rebel they never actually got around to doing anything.

Maybe Burgers?
>>
>>1675774
there are quotes by famous people who basically call them out on their shit for endlessly debating when a call to action was their only recourse.

Now that i think about it, I think it has something to do with the Stamp Act and the Revolutionary war
>>
Border states? This isn't /b/ you might as well get the popcorn ready because your going to be waiting a while, threads usualy start slow here
>>
>>1675774
>>1675782
Burghers?
>>
>>1675791
Yeah, that sounds right. Do you have any info i could look up? I'm going to google it right now.
>>
>>1675798
I sorta googled it and found something about Burghers in New Amsterdam related to the stamp act.

I'll look around a little more.
>>
>>1675798
jeesus, google, when did you become useless?
>>
>>1675707
tbqh it sounds like something from the War of 1812.
>>
>>1675798
Honestly can't find anything on google. Sorry.

Burgher's were pretty wealthy and probably would've grown up with a very romanticized vision of war, hence being cowards when it actually comes to fighting. That could've been what happened.

Don't take my word for it though as i do not know the particular group of burgher's you're referring to or whether you're referring to the social group as a whole.
>>
>>1675821
i dunno. google is being a shit and I took US history 10 years ago. I can't even remember the name of the textbook I used.

Its not like this is critical information, but this is supposed to be the kind of thing the internet is supposed to remember and archive for us, not meta-data on miley cyrus ads.
>>
>>1675844
thanks for trying bro.
>>
>>1675848
Burgher is actually a very loose word that has many different definitions. I think what you're describing might've been wealthy merchants (sometimes called burghers) as they were heavily affected by the laws enacted by the British.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.