[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: massacre of the mamelukes.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
massacre of the mamelukes.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
Why did he do it?
>>
I'm taking middle east history. Give me 15 weeks and I'll get back to you with an answer.
>>
File: Mamelucos.jpg (34KB, 433x290px) Image search: [Google]
Mamelucos.jpg
34KB, 433x290px
Another pov
>>
>>1674700
>I'm taking middle east history.
1. Where
2. What are the benefits of this course
>>
File: 317mil State Solution.jpg (131KB, 927x515px) Image search: [Google]
317mil State Solution.jpg
131KB, 927x515px
>>1674709
>Where
Hudson Valley [spoiler]Community College[/spoiler]

>Benefits
A non-memetic understanding of the Islamic world if I'm joking. A shift of perspective and more thorough exploration of the Middle East if I were being serious.

The professor is very knowledgeable and well traveled. His first lecture was great. Thorough coverage of the middle east's geography, the thinking behind the term "middle east", it's weather, and more.
>>
>French Mameluke
What a world
>>
File: muhammad-ali-z-600.jpg (198KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
muhammad-ali-z-600.jpg
198KB, 600x600px
>>1674688
>Why did he do it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamluk#End_of_Mamluk_power_in_Egypt

>Muhammad Ali knew that he would have to deal with the Mamluks if he wanted to control Egypt. They were still the feudal owners of Egypt and their land was still the source of wealth and power. However the economic strain of sustaining the military manpower necessary to defend the Mamluks's system from the Europeans and Turks would eventually weaken them to the point of collapse.[32]

SO HE KNOCKED THEIR PUNK ASSES OUT LIKE SONNY LISTON
>>
my guess is something like the auspicious incidents in the ottoman empire. ali pasha was trying to push a modernization and the mamluks were a lot like the janissaries at this point
>>
>>1674688
The same reason why Ottomans massacred Janissaries. They were standing in the way of progress and modernisation. Muhammad Ali wasn't dumb, he knew that he had to modernise his state, even Ottomans were trying the same after Prince of Eugene absolutely destroyed their armies, at one point they also tried to hire Napoleon (while he was still an artillery officer) to modernise the artillery corps for example.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.