[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Witch Hunt" was code for "Shaman genocide"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: lf1.jpg (52KB, 604x427px) Image search: [Google]
lf1.jpg
52KB, 604x427px
"Witch Hunt" was code for "Shaman genocide" am I right?
Christians persecuting indigenous belifs of the European land
>>
It was acgually about men successfully destroying proto feminism.
>>
>>1673347
fuck what a failure
>>
>>1673347
Source?
>>
>>1673363
It kept Europe free from any influential feminism for hundreds of years anon.
>>
It was about christian priests, who wanted a monopoly over all medical attention, getting rid of competition.
>>
>>1673316
It was just protestant playing holier than you.
>Christians persecuting indigenous belifs of the European land
After more than a thousand years, christanity was the indigenous religion.
>>
>>1673436
There was still Pagan beliefs lingering around, but I suppose that made>>1673436
them about as pagan as agnostics are made Christian by believing in some Christian themes.
>>
From what've read the Artemis (or Diana) cult was associated with witches.
But not hundred percent sure.
>>
>>1673397
like a cancer that just keeps growing back eh?
>>
>>1673387
tomato or mustard?
>>
>>1673536
Yes.
Hitler tried to stop it.
>>
>>1673316
and it didnt stop until the likes of the 30 year war & pan germanic
t "protestant"
>>
>>1673483
This has been thoroughly debunked
>>
>>1673556
It's funny people seem to come in such a frenzy due to the witch hunts when the period saw the thirty years war and French wars of Religions.
Or is that just me?
>>
File: ult i mate em.png (5KB, 752x432px) Image search: [Google]
ult i mate em.png
5KB, 752x432px
>>1673547
i came up with this strat you allow them to be either fat OR emotional, but not both, both casts you off the island, here ill draw you a diagram

if they are red, leave, if yellow, wait, if green, good to go
>>
Cite one fucking primary source.

One.
>>
ITT: 21st century LARPers take a case of two Christian denominations slaughtering their own members and try to make it into some kind of "WE WUZ OPPRESSED TOO" thing.
>>
>>1673588
It's pretty logical.
Imagine that you are a German living in the German countryside during the thirty years war, then some random woman approaches you and start yelling about how war mainly affects women despite half the men in your village just having been drafted in war and the other half getting killed by a levy or mercenaries travelling through, the few men remaining getting killed because of their faith.
You would probably do anything to get her burned.
>>
>>1673606

>guy asking for primary source
> responds with maymays
>>
>>1673614
This is pretty common knowledge but sure.
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>1673557
Ok, thanks for pointing out. I wasn't sure myself.
>>
>>1673622

> people in the 17th century subscribing to 20th century political causes and spouting quotes from 2016

Anyone remember when we used to actually talk about history on this board instead of throwing dank maymays at each other?
>>
>>1673614
women cant write stupid
>>
>>1673647

> He thinks that only women were persecuted during the European witch crazy
> he doesn't know that there is a detailed first hand account of what happened written by a convicted 'witch' shortly before his execution

Keep on memeing.
>>
>>1673663
All accounts of woman being able to write was white knighting.
>>
>>1673641

That never happened.
>>
>>1673674

> shortly before his execution
> before his execution
> his execution
> his
>>
>>1673563
nope...witch hunts tended to peak during times of instability and weak central authority.

also countries with strong monarchies and/or government institutions (Spain, England, Italy) had fewer witch hunts in general.
>>
>>1673733

This. Take Mathew Hopkins as the prime example. Wandering around litterally in the middle of the English Civil War, selling his services to bumpkin nowhere villages. If there had been a functioning government, he'd have probably been locked up and hanged himself (is own book is basically an attempt to defend himself from his apparently many detractors), but as the authorities were too busy tearing each others face off, he got away with it.
>>
>>1673733
I meant modern people. We seem to care more about the witches getting burnt than the German peasants getting sacked and tortured.
>>
>>1673744

Do they?
>>
>>1673436
Witch hunts predated the Reformation
>>
>>1673774

<citation needed>
>>
>>1673774
Wasn't Catholic Spain not one of the most notorious when it came to witch hunts and the likes? Or not witch hunts in this case?
>>
The word witch "derives from old English wicca, which referred to sorcerers inAnglo-Saxon England" Aka native shamans.
>>
>>1673739
>Mathew Hopkins

(googles)...jeeze, dude is responsible for 60% of all witch executions in English history.
>>
>>1673779
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_trials_in_the_early_modern_period#Beginning_of_the_witch_hunts_during_the_15th_century
>>
>>1673785
Spain had one of the more violent inquisitions in history but the focus wasn't really witches. Most of the witch-hunting and most of its death toll was in Germany/Central Europe.

the Spanish Inquisition was pretty active hunting witches in America though.
>>
>>1673785
It was heretic(read enemy of the crow) hunt, the spanish inquisition was the politic police of Isabella.
>>
>>1673835
>>1673836
Thanks lads.
>>
witch hunts were conducted on women in colonial america because they were being stupid sluts
>>
>>1673606
Not a primary source
>>
>>1673835

>Si los hechos supersticiosos representan muy poco a nivel estadístico en cualquier Tribunal español, no es lo mismo en América, pues con sus 584 procesos se coloca en tercer lugar, tras la bigamia y el criptojudaísmo. De todas formas es preciso matizar esta cifra, pues es debida a que el Santo Oficio de Cartagena de Indias, con sus 240 reos, sube su propia estadística hasta un exagerado 24,5%, cifra no alcanzada en ningún otro Tribunal.

Apparently, Wich Hunts were only relevant in Cartagena.
>>
>>1673912
to my knowledege there was not one single Inquisition case south of Lima
>>
To what degree did Ergot and other fungi play in the Witch Hunt era? Is it true that the flying broom stick Witches used was some sort of magic dildo?
>>
>>1673436
That's not what indigenous means.
>>
>>1673547
>Hitler tried to stop it.

You retard, Hitler was trying to bring back paganism by ridding the world of all ideologies and peoples deemed degenerate. Paganism imbues the female with more power than worldviews of Abrahamic origin by default. Paganism isn't feminisim in the way it's currently understood though anyway
>>
>>1675608
>Paganism imbues the female with more power than worldviews of Abrahamic origin by default

Not Roman or Greek Paganism. One of the reasons Chrisitianity got so popular in antiquity was because of the status it afforded women in comparison to more misogynistic Greco-Roman religions. Christianity started with women and slaves buying into it, and eventually the Greco-Roman patriarchy coopted it and purified it into Roman Catholicism/Eastern Orthodoxy before the schism. It is more so northern forms paganism that fits into what you are thinking,
>>
>>1675629
>Not Roman or Greek Paganism.

That may be so but I was referencing Germanic and Norse Paganism more specifically because Hitler etc
>>
File: 1446186953577.png (390KB, 1542x763px) Image search: [Google]
1446186953577.png
390KB, 1542x763px
>>1675608
>>
File: 1449258471227.jpg (64KB, 494x211px) Image search: [Google]
1449258471227.jpg
64KB, 494x211px
>>1675688
Himmler was the autist obsessed with that crap. Hitler was much more realistic.
>>
>>1675295
Technically I think there are no indigenous religions from Europe we know off.
>Ancient gather hunters worship something
>Get invaded bu Anatolian farmers and have their religion replaced
>Anatolian farmers worship something
>Anatolian farmers get invaded by IE invaders and have their religion replaced
>IE invaders worship something
>Convert to something else after a while
>>
>>1673347
Lol someone watched The Da Vinci Code.
>>
>>1676018
Thank you for this, it sums up the desu Vaulting larpers FANTASTICALLY.
>>
>>1676023
Hitler did read thousands of books about religion tho. The book on Hitler's library says so.
>>
File: citationneeded.jpg (39KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
citationneeded.jpg
39KB, 300x190px
>>1673641
>when we used to actually talk about history on this board instead of throwing dank maymays at each other?

Now THIS is a claim that needs a primary source
>>
>>1673744
I think it's more about sensationalism, a lot of people doesn't even associate the early modern ages as the main witch hunting era, they don't care about that part of history but about morbid semi-legendary events.
>>
>>1673785
The catholic church and therefore the inquisition denied the existence of witches. If an inquisitor was hunting witches, he was a rogue one.

There's a couple of witch hunts in spain but they're not very important compared to protestant europe.
>>
>>1673641
>HURR DURR guize remember when we used to have intellectual discussion on this Sinhalese tapestry weaving board?
>U know before we just memed?

Newfag, the post.

If you think anything happened on this board besides arguing over retarded things with memes, then you are too new to be posting and should either leave immediately, or lurk moar
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.