[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History Podcasts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1447110029343.jpg (25KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
1447110029343.jpg
25KB, 480x318px
Hey /his/, what're the best history podcasts?
>>
>>1671973
I like Born Yesterday.

He does some shit topics sometimes but I really enjoy some of them.
>>
>>1671973
AskHistorians has a good one.
>>
Revolutions and the History of Rome by Mike Duncan. He's the only that I know that does this kind of format (detailed, linear, with just a tiny touch of humor so that it's not too dry) with a good enough voice and good audio quality.

Hardcore History is also just good fun.
>>
Real crusades history on YouTube is pretty good
>>
HI101 is a little treasure I stumbled upon on iTunes, fantastically discussed and actually chuckleworthy at times.
>>
>>1671973

What are you interested in? The China History podcast is good, but the guy jumps around between topics so if you listen to that one you should look at the episode list and pick some topics that sound interesting.
>>
In Our Time is the best for the simple fact that their guests are always actual academics and not scrubs who skimmed the Wikipedia article of the topic they're talking about and then use the " I'm not a historian ;^)" defense when they get something blatantly wrong
>>
File: 1468817524417.jpg (117KB, 666x714px) Image search: [Google]
1468817524417.jpg
117KB, 666x714px
>>1671973
>>1672013
To dovetail off of this, A History of Byzantium and the History of the Crusades are also both quite good.
>>
File: HH-current-239x239.jpg (21KB, 239x239px) Image search: [Google]
HH-current-239x239.jpg
21KB, 239x239px
Dan Carlin is great. The way he does his podcasts is detailed enough so that you learn the bits that make you want to dig deeper, but it's not so dry and dense that you can listen at work or while driving and still know what's going on.

Wrath of the Khan's made me go out and buy a 30 hour audiobook on the Mongols, and it was worth it.
>>
File: what.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
822KB, 600x366px
>>1672691
>age 12
>height 5'10"

Dis guy is as tall as me. And he's fucking 12.
>>
>>1672722
>25 hours on WWI

Holy shit. He could easily trim it to 12 hours
>>
>>1672722
Despite the shit Carlin gets, he really is a captivating narrator. Prior to listening to Wrath of Khan's, I was exclusively interested in European history but this series really peaked my interest in Eastern history. Have you listened to his new series, King of Kings? Its about Persia, Assyria, etc. Im on the second episode, its fucking great m8
>>
>>1672679
That's a good point anon, but I'll have to stop you there as we're running short on time.
>>
>>1672786
Nah I still gotta start that one.

>>1672778
Don't tell him that, I'll run out of podcast to listening to while driving if he trims all his stuff down.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.