[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How/Why did the Communists manage to defeat the Nationalists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How/Why did the Communists manage to defeat the Nationalists in the Chinese civil war?
>>
The Nationalist Chinese were a basket case of corruption and ineptitude.
>>
>>1670636
I dunno but I assume there was more communists than there were nationalists?
>>
>>1670636
Because the Communists managed to gain considerably from WWII and the ROK gained jack shit. Add on that ROK commanders were royal cunts which led to mass desertions and you have a recipe from disaster from the get go. It's actually pretty comparable to Vietnam, in that once the peace treaty from the previous conflict was signed, the communists took far more than their allotted land from the peace agreement and the capitalist military being a royal clusterfuck. The only situation which involves the PRC losing the Civil War, is one where the Soviets cannot work in their favor and the US can actively work in favor of the ROK.
>>
>>1670646
>ROK
ROC. Fuck it, it's time for bed.
>>
>>1670639

/thread

>>1670641

More like 3.5:1 in favor of the KMT.

>>1670646

>The only situation which involves the PRC losing the Civil War, is one where the Soviets cannot work in their favor and the US can actively work in favor of the ROK.

I'm not even sure that would work. This was like a bigger, earlier, uglier Vietnam. You look at those campaigns that Chiang undertook against the Communists in the 30s, even before the Japanese invaded China proper, and he couldn't manage to actually administrate the areas even after he cleared out the Chi-Coms.

I just can't see the KMT actually ruling China, and something was going to rise in that power vacuum. All the U.S. guns and tanks and planes in the world won't stop that.
>>
>>1670636
the americans supported the chinese communists and embargoed the nationalists until halfway through the cold war

we literally gave the communists air support, food, and guns
>>
>>1670884
It was similar in Korea. They dismissed MacArthur because he won too much.

Having US military stationed in your country has been a kiss of death for every country except for Japan and Germany.
>>
>>1670884
you have a source for that?
>>
>>1670894
MacArthur was dismissed because he was an autist who ignored orders from higher ups to stop invading the northern peninsula of Korea and almost starting a proxy war with China
>>
>>1670636
Soviets gave them Manchuria
Untouched industrialized land fresh for the commies
>>
the chicoms were literally masters of asymmetrical conventional warfare and they were going up against literally one of the worst armies to ever exist that could barely even fight japan (who also had one of the worst armies to ever exist)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.