[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ know about the Cathars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: Cathars_expelled.jpg (239KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cathars_expelled.jpg
239KB, 1600x1200px
What does /his/ know about the Cathars?
>>
File: URGENT.jpg (74KB, 495x778px) Image search: [Google]
URGENT.jpg
74KB, 495x778px
>>1670625
>>
>>1670625
Kill them all, God will know his own.
>>
They impressed the Mandalorians with their ferocity in battle, though they were virtually all wiped out in the end.
>>
They believed the material world was created by satan and they had to perform the consolamentum ritual and not eat meat among other things in order to escape it.

They believed both men and women were equal and could be priests and opposed having sex and children which has provoked modern interest, though I doubt their beliefs resembled modern beliefs.
>>
File: 60QeOjd.jpg (44KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
60QeOjd.jpg
44KB, 320x320px
>>1670652
kek
>>
>>1670700
So they were wiked satanic heretics?
>>
>>1670644
+1
>>
>>1670625

They were feared for inserting tubes into their enemies dicks.
>>
>>1670745
>gnostics
>satanists
>>
File: 1473185366929.jpg (98KB, 399x305px) Image search: [Google]
1473185366929.jpg
98KB, 399x305px
>>1670625
Christian dualists. Cathars are interesting because they feel like the dying breath of the great religious schisms of late Antiquity / early Dark age.

They were basically Paulucians so they were accused of being Manichean. Manicheaism was of course still alive but taking it's last dying breaths in China as well.

It's hard to know too much about the Cathars because AFAIK all we know about them is from the writing of their opponents.
>>
>>1670803
Walter disney shows his true self.
>>
>>1670700
manichaeans were also antinatalist.
>>
>>1670625
Cathars just sort of exemplify inherent european culture taken to the extreme, such as virtue signalling, extremely analytic culture, intellectual heirarchies, nonviolence, etc.

They kind of understood the idea of concrete numbers being derivations of abstract numbers.

I'm fairly convinced france is lower iq than germany precisely because the cathars were france's higg iq population, and they got slaughtered.
>>
>>1670625
"All your food is evil, so you should give it to me. I can eat it it safely because I am so fucking holy. Once I've had my fill, you can have your food back. It's not made of matter any more so it's cool."
T. Cathar.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 261x217px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 261x217px
Proud Gnostic matyrs.
>>
>>1670625
You could have female temple-holders and absolute cognatic succession laws if you converted
>>
>>1671056
Also makes it possible to use women as commanders.
>>
File: 1366485367637.jpg (18KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1366485367637.jpg
18KB, 500x404px
>you will never be a troubadour count living a life of luxury in Provence
>you will never win the heart of a beautiful lady and bring her to your court before making love to her under the stars
>you will never give it all up to become a Perfectus Cathar ascetic
>you will never be as close to God as possible
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.