[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What armour is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1473204951932.jpg (127KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1473204951932.jpg
127KB, 736x736px
What armour is this?
>>
An entirely fictional one.
>>
lamellar cuirass and laminar armguards worn over mail hauberk.
>>
>>1668405
Lol no

It's a late roman cataphract officer. Everything worn there is authentic, it's lamellar armour with mail under and segmented arm armour, with a typical cavalry officer helmet.
>>
>>1668405
no it isn't. every single piece of that set is historical, it's just that they are different types of armour from different times and different places so that combination as a complete set is rather unlikely.
>>
>>1668444
you sure? those arm pieces and helmet look much older design.
>>
>>1668445
Late Roman officer's helmets did not look like the shit that cunt is wearing.
>>
>>1668450
they originally come from the steppe people like scythians and then the parthians started using them and then romans adopted them as well.
>>1668445
Late Roman cavalry was extremely varied and wore all sorts. Simply google cataphractarii

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equites_cataphractarii

>“...among these were scattered cavalry with cuirasses (cataphracti equites), whom they call clibanarii, masked, protected by coverings of iron breast-plates, and girdled with belts of iron, so that you would fancy them statues polished by the hand of Praxiteles, rather than men. And the light circular plates of iron which surrounded their bodies, and covered all their limbs, were so well fitted to all their motions, that in whatever direction they had occasion to move, the joints of their iron clothing adapted themselves equally to any position.” Ammianus (16.10.8)
>>
>>1668457
These could be cataphractarii from 200AD when that helmet would still be in use, but it cant be because the ones behind have later roman helmets, so the helmet is unlikely but possibly a crossover point

Either way its not wrong
>>
>>1668404
It's a lamellar. That picture overall however looks absolutely retarded mess of random armour from random periods of time from random peoples however.
>>
>>1668405
>>1668466
I hate this board

Everything in the picture is about right for late Roman cavalry apart from the guy in the foreground's helmet and the plates on the manica are facing the wrong way, they should be upwards, not downwards.

Also dude in the background seems to be wearing a Sutton Hoo helmet for some reason which I'm assuming is supposed to be a Crosby Garrett helmet instead.
>>
>>1668405
I bet you felt real smart when you typed this you fuccboi supreme
>>
>>1668464
did they use lamellar that early? i thought it became the thing only some time after the fall of the western empire.
>>
>>1668485
Yes exactly helmets are what I am talking about. Not the lamellars which are historically accurate. Look at those helmets, in the background, different types helmets some which are newer than collapse of Roman Empire.
>>
>>1668512
yes they did
>>
>>1668541
this. it's all roman and historically accurate but there is stuff from 2-3rd century AD all the way up to 6th century.
>>
>>1668404
I think it looks like an officer in the East Roman kataphraktoi.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.