[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mind and the Body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1473035856695.jpg (96KB, 600x495px) Image search: [Google]
1473035856695.jpg
96KB, 600x495px
>tfw your sister introduced you to philosophy
>tfw you got mindfucked for three days straight with barely any sleep trying to understand how you fit in all this

I feel awake and good, but perhaps I created too much of a gap between how I perceive my mind and my body?

Shouldn't they be thought of as one entity working in conjunction with each other?
>>
I wish I had a philosophical onee-san
>>
is your sister a qt
>>
File: 1454888119754.png (696KB, 571x482px) Image search: [Google]
1454888119754.png
696KB, 571x482px
>>1662046
She's pretty great. Only reason I left that shithole of a board /r9k/ and started browsing here.

>>1662059
She's cute but she's also pretty sharp, much sharper than I gave her credit for. I understand her a little better now, which is very nice.

Apologies for the poor focused OP anons. Instead, I'll try and reintroduce the question:

Is there a connection between the mind and the body in a metaphysical sense? Or do the mind and body work separately and against one another?

I was just thinking that, there are times when you want your body to actually do something.

I have been very productive for the last four days, developing some kind of insomnia.

I desire to get some sleep, but perhaps my mind is working against my body.

Maybe there is a way to focus my mind and body so that sleeping will just come more naturally?
>>
>>1662114

Stop looking at all electronic screens including tv, phone and computer, the blue light coming from the screen prevents your brain from producing melatonin and so it fucks up your sleep. Also dim the lights in the room or only have 1 or 2 on.
>>
>>1662043
Philosophy just made me a more atheist agnostic which in turn made me more nihilistic.

Fuck philosophy, I'd be happier if I still could believe in God.
>>
>>1662114
That's one of my favourite albums!
>>
>>1662114
>Is there a connection between the mind and the body in a metaphysical sense? Or do the mind and body work separately and against one another?
Divorce all thoughts of dualism from your mind. There is no mind/body disconnect, they are entwined, all meat and instinct driven by neurochemicals. Sentience is a curse that can only be cured by a collective agreement between humans to end future suffering by outlawing procreation.
>>
>>1663710
What did God give you that you cannot give yourself?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.