[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

# 41

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1462434441349.jpg (64KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1462434441349.jpg
64KB, 876x493px
Let's discuss the Forty-First President of the United States.

Pilot

Statesman

Oligarch

Leader

"Trusted" One

Where do you place him? Where does he fit in post-Reagan American politics?

What led him to that point? Where did he ascend into the National sphere, and why?

Is he silver-spoon American who lucked out on the outcome of WWII, or did he actually make his own way?

dicuss

will post more hot bushes
>>
>>1660481
nice hot bush
>>
File: Slideshow-2.jpg (129KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
Slideshow-2.jpg
129KB, 620x350px
>>1660481
check this well aged, well informed Bush
>>
>>1660481
Peep this memed Bush, still choice
>>
>>1660494
fuck
>>
>>1660481
41 reminds me of Romney in the sense that he's an easy way to personify "the establishment". Rich WASP whose woefully out of touch with working Americans (didn't know how a grocery scanner worked, didn't know the price of milk, ignored that lady who asked about the debt in the 1992 town hall debate). Reminds me of Hillary in the sense that both are competent politicians, but shit at PR. Surprised that he lost reelection after the way he managed Desert Storm, but I guess the economy must've been pretty damn bad.
Sadly, I think his most relevant legacy is as a reminder to Republicans to never, ever, ever, ever raise taxes.
>>
>>1660535
This is all very easily true

i would color that by saying that he has a record of opposing civil rights, of reforming the republican party to fit southern attitude, and of spending decades breaking democratic power in the south and generally striving for his party.

on the other hand, he identified with Black America after trying to understand GI's in Vietnam.

Truly a talented politician, if not a consistent one.

he did fuck up as Reagan's Taft, though. that was a political miscalculation to be very kind
>>
>>1660578
>he did fuck up as Reagan's Taft, though.
makes me wonder, I've read people on /his/ giving Carter a kinder reevaluation based on the circumstances he had to deal with, whose to say that 41 doesn't deserve a reevaluation along those lines?
>>
>>1660481
During the First Gulf War is when the invasion of Iraq should have actually happened. Instead he elft the job half done and his son to invade iraq and fuck everything up.

He would have had an excuse in the First Gulf War to do it and there wouldn't have been nearly as much backlash.

Wasted opportunity, President rating:
2/10
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.