[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Autoresolved Battles of History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: Auto-Resolve Battle.png (45KB, 319x892px) Image search: [Google]
Auto-Resolve Battle.png
45KB, 319x892px
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Muret
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Beneventum_(275_BC)
>>
>>1659286
>Autoresolved
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>1659921

Battles won in a matter of hours or days at the most.
>>
File: Anglo-Zanizbar buttraping.png (91KB, 328x792px) Image search: [Google]
Anglo-Zanizbar buttraping.png
91KB, 328x792px
>>
File: shieet.jpg (78KB, 800x482px) Image search: [Google]
shieet.jpg
78KB, 800x482px
It was over the moment the first machine gun volley failed to slow them down.
>>
File: Conquering Belgrade.png (320KB, 970x2445px) Image search: [Google]
Conquering Belgrade.png
320KB, 970x2445px
>>
>>1659931
2 months and 1 day = a matter of hours?
At least you tried.
>>
File: image.jpg (565KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
565KB, 1536x2048px
Ez mode for Englishmen
>>
>>1659987
Holy fuck that's incredibly. It's a shame that we're still too close to WW2 for "wacky nazi exploits" to be an acceptable subject for a film. I'd love a dramedy about Fritz capturing Belgrade with a stiff drink and a poker face.
>>
>>1659992

My bad I only noticed Denmark rather then it accounting for the entire Scandinavian campaign.

2 months for Norway

1 day for Denmark
>>
>>1659987
So... what does this mean?
>>
>>1660048

Man saved Belgrade from total overkill by bluffing the city into capitulation, and sped up the progress of the Greek campaign. He did both sides a solid
>>
File: bolbi.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bolbi.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
>>1659454
mfw those casualty figures
are those the actual numbers?
>>
>>1659921
Like in Total War.

>large disparity of forces
>click autoresolve so you don't have to slog through a certain victory
>AI manages to lose a shitton of units they shouldn't have or the battle entirely
>>
>>1659921
Total War games consist of an overmap (depicting all of Europe, usually), and when two armies collide a battle map (depicting a field, and maybe a nearby hill, usually) where you can control your forces in battle.

You have the option, if you're simply tired of conducting battles, to click 'autoresolve'. Unfortunately, the games seem to want to tax you for doing this, and your performance is frequently very bad, sometimes in inexplicable ways.
>>
>>1660163
>Medieval Battle
No.
>>
File: Portugal.jpg (1024KB, 1150x5615px) Image search: [Google]
Portugal.jpg
1024KB, 1150x5615px
Not really "Autoresolved" but I just wanted to post it here.
>>
>>1660041
With the right spin it could work. Like talking about the projected casualty numbers at the beginning and showing Klingenberg worring about them.
I agree it could make an excellent movie.

Valkyrie was pretty well done.
>>
>>1659987
That's from here?

http://www.historynet.com/invasion-of-yugoslavia-waffen-ss-captain-fritz-klingenberg-and-the-capture-of-belgrade-during-world-war-ii.htm
>>
>>1660217
>Portugal
Yeah wow it really is incredible how they were able to rise to the top and remain a powerful force in Europe... oh wait.
Nice try Ronaldo.
>>
>>1660217
>let's purposefully omit the battle of alcazarquivir, which was such a devastating loss that single handedly forced portugal under spanish domain for 80 years
>>
File: Las Navaras De tolosa.png (455KB, 472x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Las Navaras De tolosa.png
455KB, 472x1224px
>>
File: Narva.png (493KB, 473x1403px) Image search: [Google]
Narva.png
493KB, 473x1403px
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.