[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Jacob such an asshole to Esau?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: lentil soup.jpg (88KB, 1100x821px) Image search: [Google]
lentil soup.jpg
88KB, 1100x821px
Why was Jacob such an asshole to Esau?
>>
>>1658344

I don't know if it's a motivation entirely on its own, but at least in the original Hebrew, Esau talks like some sort of semi-retarded barbarian.

For instance, in the story where Esau sells his birthright to Jacob in Genesis 25, he literally says in 25:30

הַלְעִיטֵנִי נָא מִן-הָאָדֹם הָאָדֹם הַזֶּה

Which again, if we translated it at its most basic, would be

>Let me swallow please, that red, the red in that bowl.

Where most other biblical characters speak with a fair degree of precision and eloquence, Esau usually refers to things by their color or their shape or broad descriptions rather than by names.
>>
>>1658369
You'd think a man would show pity on his retarded brother, though.
>>
>>1658425

True, but don't forget, said brother was trying to assert his leadership and claiming the firstborn right, which was a big deal in old Semitic culture. It's best for the family if someone like that isn't running things.
>>
He outjewed him. His whore mother too.
>>
>>1658344
Why didn't Esau care about his birthright?

Why didn't Esau care about his blessing?

Why did Esau change his mind about killing Jacob when Jacob bribed him?
>>
>>1658917
kek

Very much this.
>>
>>1658929
>Why didn't Esau care about his blessing?
He obviously cared about his blessing, he had a fucking meltdown when he realized Jacob stole it from him.
>>
>>1658344
Why didn't Isaac care what the Lord told Rebekah?

And the Lord said to her:

“Two nations are in your womb,
Two peoples shall be separated from your body;
One people shall be stronger than the other,
And the older shall serve the younger.”
>>
>>1658935
And yet, that meltdown was bribed away, no?

So who did Esau serve, and why did God hate him?
>>
>>1658344
Malachi 1

Israel Beloved of God
“I have loved you,” says the Lord.
“Yet you say, ‘In what way have You loved us?’

Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?”
Says the Lord.
“Yet Jacob I have loved;
But Esau I have hated,
And laid waste his mountains and his heritage
For the jackals of the wilderness.”

Even though Edom has said,
“We have been impoverished,
But we will return and build the desolate places,”

Thus says the Lord of hosts:
“They may build, but I will throw down;
They shall be called the Territory of Wickedness,

And the people against whom the Lord will have indignation forever.

Your eyes shall see,
And you shall say,
‘The Lord is magnified beyond the border of Israel.’

>indignation
>forever
>>
>>1658369

Watching you futz around in the dark trying to understand Moses and the prophets is more difficult than you may imagine.

Genesis 25
And Jacob boileth pottage, and Esau cometh in from the field, and he [is] weary;

and Esau saith unto Jacob, `Let me eat, I pray thee, some of this red red thing, for I [am] weary;' therefore hath [one] called his name Edom [Red];

and Jacob saith, `Sell to-day thy birthright to me.'
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.