[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am English. I studied history until age 16. I remember when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: sultans.jpg (35KB, 563x431px) Image search: [Google]
sultans.jpg
35KB, 563x431px
I am English.

I studied history until age 16.
I remember when being taught about WW1 , the syllabus taught about how the war started between Austria-hungary, germany, and the triple entente, but it never explained or taught how the ottoman empire entered the war.

was it the same in your country's highschool history teaching of WW1 ?

Do you think the reason is because the reasons and sequence of events behind the ottoman empire entering the war is too much of a convoluted clusterfuck to explain to highschoolers?
>>
File: history homework.png (460KB, 1002x503px) Image search: [Google]
history homework.png
460KB, 1002x503px
>>1657538
Yes, it was the same way at my school back in the day.

I think it's because the Ottoman Empire does not exist anymore and would hard to catch any interest from Western Highschoolers. They can barely listen to their own history as it is
>>
>>1657538
>is too much of a convoluted clusterfuck
>Hates Russia
>Hates Britain
>in love with Germany because of the former two
Uh, I mean... it isn't that complicated really.
>>
File: 1448637544304.png (289KB, 1222x993px) Image search: [Google]
1448637544304.png
289KB, 1222x993px
>>1657538
They were friendly with Germany though most of the Ottoman government wanted to stay out, with the exception of a war obsessed minister, Enver Pasha. German ships however asked to be allowed access to the Dardanelles which due to the diplomatic situation effectively pressured the Turks to join WW1 on their side.
>>
we Brits single handedly saved France, conquered Germany and conquered
>>
>>1659278
Shit. I should play this mod again.
>>
File: huhohio.jpg (31KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
huhohio.jpg
31KB, 480x720px
>>1659278
That pics missing something.
>>
>>1657538
>>1658850
Pan-Turkism/Pan-Islamism played a role as well, at least Enver Pasha hoped to liberate muslims in the Caucasus and Central-Asia from russian rule, maybe even recreate the Ottoman rule over the Caucasus.
>>
>>1657538
Yup, they did the same in my high school in Yorkshire.

Explaining the involvement of the Ottomans would lead to an explanation of the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, and that'd lead to an unbiased view of Middle East, and a lack of support for constant meddling. That doesn't suit their agenda at all.

>>1658850
>is too much of a convoluted clusterfuck
It's no less a clusterfuck than what we covered, really.
>>
>>1657538
The Ottomans signed a secret treaty with the Germans, which is why they entered. Why that treaty was signed... is more complicated.

>>1660056
>and that'd lead to an unbiased view of Middle East, and a lack of support for constant meddling. That doesn't suit their agenda at all.

yeah I'm sure that's why, senpai
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.