[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extra History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
What does /his/ think of Extra History? Are their series accurate?

Their latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfZWu6PsUHI
>>
>>1657403
I liked the one about the jew guy that lived with the moors, espeacially because they didn't fall for "muh multicultural paradise of muslim Spain"
>>
they're alright as a general overview of events, but they do sacrifice details for the sake of entertainment value for views.

but a lot of their videos did get me interested in delving deeper into the subject, their series on Sengoku Japan especially got me interested in the time period and got me to read more about it.

definitely not documentary-worthy material, but they really aren't going for that to begin with.

they could be better about listing their sources though like Great War channel does.
>>
>>1657458
I had never heard of Samuel NaHagid or Federico da Montefeltro or John Snow before EC, so I'm pretty thankful to them for introducing me to them. It just annoys that there are these fascinating stories out there that I'll never know because the people and events are on a smaller scale. I wish there was a Big Book of Insteresting Historical Personages from various time periods and places.

Beyond that, what >>1657501 said. Their great for introducing you to a certain person or event, but if any particular subject they bring up interested you, you really should check out more material on it, because they have to cut out a lot of interesting details for the sake of giving you the full story in just a handful of five-minute videos. What I really like about them is that they'll make a video talking about their mistakes and correcting themselves after every piece.
>>
>>1657403
I like it a bunch.

Especially obscure topics like the South Seas Company and the broadstreet pump
>>
>>1657852
Actually most stuff they cover was quite good. The Zulu's, Justinian (Actually made me read the secret histories) and Urbino
>>
>>1657403
It's better than their usual videos
>>
>>1657403
Their series are usually quite inaccurate but still better than some. Topic helps them out a lot I guess, I think they'd be really mediocre if they covered your average AP world history stuff but they do get a lot more specialized. Fair warning, some series (great examples include their episodes about the Turks and WW2) are just plain wrong pretty often and I don't recommend you watch them. Also don't listen to people like >>1657840
who believe they correct every mistake in the lies videos, because they don't and you're better off just researching what they did wrong yourself.

TL;DR it's not great but it's not awful, I wish they were more historically accurate, and their lies videos don't correct shit
>>
>>1658991
>some series (great examples include their episodes about the Turks and WW2) are just plain wrong
>WW2
Lemme guess, they fell for the holoHOAX meme? :^)))
>>
>>1657403
didn't watch their shows
but i know that at one point they said that call of duty, battlefield are the exact same game as arma 3
as such i am inclined to think that their history show is them also talking out of their asses, probably even worse accuracy than wikimemeia
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.