[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australopithecine Culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: homosites.gif (84KB, 450x305px) Image search: [Google]
homosites.gif
84KB, 450x305px
Is it possible that these ancient relatives had some form of symbolism or spirituality?
>>
Bump
>>
short answer: almost certainly no

long answer: the easiest way to tell if a hominid had culture is to see what it was buried with. If something has spirituality, it probably cares about the afterlife, and would bury dead family with food or tools or flowers or whatever else it thinks might be needed on the other side.
Now, Australopithecus was not found buried in graves or cairns, which suggests that they did not care about the afterlife. Although it is possible that they had funerary practices but didn't bury their dead, but left them in the open, proving this is basically impossible, since such funerals do not lend themselves to easy preservation.
>>
File: phonecian.gif (11KB, 586x264px) Image search: [Google]
phonecian.gif
11KB, 586x264px
>>1655132
sense of not being eaten by a lion and the warmth of hugging kin was probably as far as it went until scarcity problems were met probably correlatory if not directly causatory of the use of psychadelics, that which is human growht, special evolution of the mind and thus the environment it controls (and the fact it does) to greater degrees transgenerationally & clearly within one lifetime, the difference is night and day. cannabis at the least is a performance enhancing drug. at least get its clasification right.

gave direct rise to the use and invention of things like language, writing, invention, history as a passed along phenomenon that gives rise to the snowballing or compounding of human genius, the species exists in direct causation of the use of psychadelics, our brains naturally produce dmt and every single person alive has an endocannabinoid system bound to their bodies as important as the nervous system.

better have that gun loaded boi to come to me under any notion of representative law when shit like this is outstandingly outlying and de-ratifies your entire operation
>>
>>1656692
I see you never had any serious involvement with spiruality if you relate it with burial ritualistic that much.

>>1655132
Yes, it's possible that they had any kind of spirituality before any big cultural development.
>>
File: 20120217-Minoan_Ash.png (423KB, 582x502px) Image search: [Google]
20120217-Minoan_Ash.png
423KB, 582x502px
>>1656789
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEUothw_p0s
forgot my citations
http://herbarium.0-700.pl/biblioteka/Food%20of%20the%20Goods.pdf
http://www.jeanauel.com/books.php

pic related: worship that which blackens the sun
>>
>>1656810
I am rather spiritual, amigo, but modern spirituality and neolithic spirituality are vastly different things. probably. We don't really know, because writing came MUCH later than spirituality.

We assume that any spiritual homonids would engage in some sort of funerary practice, because if they were spiritual but didn't bury their dead a special way, there is literally no way of us to know.
>>
Anyone else?
>>
File: ODYSS03.jpg (32KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
ODYSS03.jpg
32KB, 550x309px
Anyone at all?
>>
>>1655132
almost certainly not. MODERN pygmies and similarly isolated groups basically still aren't capable of symbolism beyond scary looking masks, which is less religion, and more fear of a bigger monkey shaking tree branches.

the faces themselves on the masks aren't even symbolic. they mirror predatory facial patterns.

if clades of "modern" humans are incapable of symbolism, australopithecenes were almost certainly not
>>
>>1660129
>MODERN pygmies
>fear of a bigger monkey shaking tree branches

You realize that pygmies are not a separate species right? Some of which are Christians?
>>
>>1660340
a human race could have three arms, 20% smaller brain volume, give birth via eggs, and speak in clicks, and you'd still say they're the same species

pygmies literally diverged from the rest of humanity longer ago than wolves diverged from dingoes.
>>
>>1660129
>aren't capable of symbolism
They can't into language?
>>
>>1660382
probably not in the way you're imagining. we don't have soft tissue preservation, but the position of the neck is relatively backward in the skull, which they are fairly certain precludes speech because of the way it appears the soft tissues are arranged currently.

they probably didn't have more than words for specific predators or types of food
>>
>>1660403
>didn't
What. Pygmy people in the past?
>>
>>1660410
I thought you were talking about australopithecenes

pygmies can into language, but they're generally very poor at it. we actually have communities of them in the first world rescued by churches and as refugees. their average iq after the flynn effect is in the low 60s. they have difficulty using grammar or discussing abstractions. also, counting beyond a dozen is difficult for them. note that I'm talking about the ones born over here.
>>
>>1655132
Spirituality would have to actually exist for that to happen.
>>
>>1660103
Lil Wayne's looking better since rehab
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.