[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he invade Iran?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (51KB, 286x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 286x350px
Why did he invade Iran?
>>
for the lulz
>>
>>1654769
To liberate the Arab peoples in Iran.
>>
Because he thought it'd be an easy opponent to defeat (especially considering literally every other country but Israel, ironically, supported him), muh Shi'a, and oil bux
>>
>>1654925
All three of them
>>
>>1654769
Ayatollah Khomeini bum rustled the west so hard that he believed it was easy pickings and nobody would stop him. The west even supported the invasion for a long time.
>>
File: Fixed Middle East.jpg (62KB, 820x850px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed Middle East.jpg
62KB, 820x850px
>>1654769
Iran was weak from revolution as it was in turmoil and most of their experienced commanders were either arrested or in exile. Also Saddam was encouraged by the US and was overconfident in his rather incompetent Arab army ...

I'd like to imagine that shit eating grin being wiped off of his face when he realized how utterly shit his army of chucklefucks were when they were driven out and forced to a stalemate by an army of school-age volunteers.

After that he fell into debts, pretty much outlived his usefulness for the US and pretty much dug his own grave. In short, Saddam was a meglomaniac idiot who wanted to be a great conqueror not realizing that the US was just using him as a tool.
>>
>>1655689
u a mad kurd or a mad Iranian?
>>
Various reasons: Iran was weakened from the revolution and he wanted to contain the Shia Islamic revolution from spreading to the Shias in Iraq. He even imported wahabism to counter Khomeinis revolutionary shiism.
>>
To secure the eventual invasion of Kuwait. He used Arab separatism in Iran (Khuzestan) as the primer.
>>
Something about God creating flies or something...he didn't get it.
>>
>>1655689
Where do the Hashemites go in that map, and why do I get the feeling Greater Syria is going to invade Israel?
>>
>>1656645
Not him, but Hashemites would be incorporated into Greater Syria. Fun fact: the Assad family claims to be the rightful custodians of the holy cities by lineage since the Hashemites controlled them until usurped by the House of Saud.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.