[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Cromwell do more harm or good to England?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2400x2981px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2400x2981px
Did Cromwell do more harm or good to England?
>>
>>1654558
Harm

t. royalist cavalier
>>
>>1654558
i would say he did more good the new model army didnt take shit from nobody
>>
Good. If not for Cromwell there would've been a French Revolution 2.0 in the 18th century. Cromwell wasn't that bad, and he helped form what we know as England today. He was more English than the King.
>>
File: f56d56655-2060x1108.jpg (33KB, 245x313px) Image search: [Google]
f56d56655-2060x1108.jpg
33KB, 245x313px
To those who praise Cromwell I would point out that he had a severe mental breakdown quite early on in his murderous career.
>>
He let Jewry back into England after seeing what affluence they brought the Dutch.
>>
he was the biggest christfag in all of England. Literally everyone hated him.
>>
>>1654643
This is why you should never let far-right or far-left ideologies ever take control of societies b/c the extremity of it all will buttfuck the innocent bystanders so hard.
>>
File: john_milton.jpg (70KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
john_milton.jpg
70KB, 400x480px
>>1654643
>Literally everyone hated him.
>>
He was LITERALLY no fun allowed
>>
>>1654558
short term harm long term good, he helped ensure the principle of parliamentry supremacy which was essential in creating the modern british state and helping to ensure that the country while it might have a monarch was governed by competent (or at least electable) individuals from a increasingly wide talent pool.

he also stood out as a warning against letting any individual be they king or prime minister accumulate too much power as a individual

the success of the british state and its rise from mid tier european power to the worlds first super power owes much to the principles cromwell helped cement
>>
>>1654683
>Milton can't see why anyone would hate him
>or anything else for that matter
>>
he did harm to Ireland for sure
>>
>>1654558
Given that he welcomed the Jews back, he did more damage than Hitler, and may have thus fucked over all Europe.
>>
>>1656041
That's always a positive thing for England though.
>>
IMAM CROMWELL

CALVIN AKBAR

PROTESTANT CALIPHATE NOW

JIHAD JIHAD JIHAD

DIE CATHOLIC SCUM
>>
Olllllllllliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of England....
>>
>>1656048
perhaps Ireland would still be a part of the UK if they had not been treated as second or third class citizens for so long.

In the XVII century it was understandable, wars of religion, France expulsed all its huguenots, but the mistreatment of the Irish lasted too long, well into the XIX century.
>>
Cromwell was a shit, but at least the British monarchy never really recovered, so that's a plus.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.