[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good of a job did Dark Souls do with accurate armor? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (72KB, 552x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 552x960px
How good of a job did Dark Souls do with accurate armor? What is this based off of?
>>
>>1653586
"Accurate" how? Like, the models?

Better than most, not as good as proper autism sims.
>>
Only a few look realistic the rest are silly, and the way the armor works is unrealistic.

This is realistic in its visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC0F_I5zyOg
>>
>>1653586

100% scientifically accurate.
>>
8/10
Good job actually
>>
File: DarkSouls4.png (621KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSouls4.png
621KB, 1920x1080px
It looks great, that's what matters.
>>
>>1653586
100% accurate. They're almost exact copies of the real world dark souls armor.
>>
>>1653586
http://fextralife.com/dark-souls-unusual-real-life-armor-inspirations/

here's a cool article on dark souls historical armour inspirations. it does not include your pic though since it's just an artist attempt on generic "fantasy medival knight"
>>
>>165428
sorry scratch that, the knight is actually featured last in the article
>>
File: dark-souls-3-armor-drakeblood-1.jpg (88KB, 431x625px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-armor-drakeblood-1.jpg
88KB, 431x625px
Christian I of Saxony was a fucking baller
>>
>>1654315
>that small chest

Must've had a tight, but smaller build than most men.
>>
File: 1465404968149.jpg (502KB, 1280x1744px) Image search: [Google]
1465404968149.jpg
502KB, 1280x1744px
It's the right mix of realism and rule of cool.
>>
Most of the more reasonable looking armor is based off jousting and cavalry armor, and while they look realistic, they're not meant for combat on foot.
>>
>>1653842
Mordhau is great. It was made with the assistance of the best European experts on medieval combat. Short of immersive virtual reality, there won't be a more realistic game than this.
>>
>>1653586
Not as good as mount & blade and its various mods.
>>
>>1653842
Enemies flinching, canceling their attack. Why do they have to implement that?
>>
>>1656011
And those flying heads after every hit. Meh.
>>
>>1653799

Could you give some names of those autism sims?

Im intrigued.
>>
>>1656011
Its trying to simulate a feint, watch the combat video it does look pretty good.

Obviously no game will be realistic, but this looks fun and sort of captures the speed of battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA
>>
>>1654327
manlet confirmed
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.