[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old, comfy tools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: Scythe.gif (33KB, 225x212px) Image search: [Google]
Scythe.gif
33KB, 225x212px
A friend sent me a video of a competition between a scythe and a push mower, now I'm stuck on watching videos of people cutting grass and wheat. I don't know why, but I really like the simplicity and efficiency of older tools like this.

Are there any historical tools you like that aren't used much, but still do their job perfectly well?
>>
File: guillotine.jpg (33KB, 724x543px) Image search: [Google]
guillotine.jpg
33KB, 724x543px
>>
File: Noose.jpg (18KB, 336x448px) Image search: [Google]
Noose.jpg
18KB, 336x448px
>>1653267
>>
File: Pear of Anguish.jpg (80KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pear of Anguish.jpg
80KB, 540x720px
>>
>>1653267
Share vids
>>
>>1653267
My grandpa still used skythe when I was a kid
>>
>>1653267
Can you share the video?
>>
>>1654828
>>1653844

https://youtu.be/1I4RNenmfFI

https://youtu.be/gsfIHiBB6xE My favorite
There's others in there of people just cutting with them too
>>
>>1655079
The guy looks like a nutjob with the scythe - looks like incredibly hard work
>>
>>1653281
>Was made to easily and painlessly kill those who have been condemned to die
>Get vilified during the French Revolution and we now see the guillotine as something terrible and horrible
Its crazy that we use drugs that can backfire horribly when this works just as good if not better.
>>
File: rice-cutting.jpg (319KB, 800x546px) Image search: [Google]
rice-cutting.jpg
319KB, 800x546px
>>1653267
>Are there any historical tools you like that aren't used much, but still do their job perfectly wel

Wha? People still use scythes, there are essentially no tools which are not being used, or at least have not been retrofitted into a 'better' tool of the same variant.
>>
File: dsc06986.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
dsc06986.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>1655117
That video got my blood boiling for this exact reason. Yeah sure in a small 2x5 plot using a scythe is the better option.

Let's see him do a field this size in the same time a Brush cutter can.
>>
File: sansho-hammer.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sansho-hammer.webm
2MB, 640x480px
Old style blacksmithing is the comfiest profession.

Movie is Sansho the Bailiff.
>>
>>1655199
You need to raise your standards for what pisses you off.
>>
>>1655243
Seriously, I'm sure if the field needed clearing there'd be more than one dude at a time working on it.
>>
>>1655243
Well it's a competetion to see what's better, the scythe or the brush cutter? It's a completely biased text towards the scythe. How does that not make you angry?

What?

>>1655262

That's the point, if you had a brush cutter it would take one person the same time it would take many. With much, much less effort than someone on the scythe.
>>
>>1655199
If you've got a big overgrown area, what the fuck else are you supposed to use besides a scythe?
>>
>>1655268
Scythes don't need gas and are simple blades on sticks. It's not "better" necessarily, but it's a historical tool that can do a good job, that's what OP was talking about.
>>
>>1655268
>Well it's a competetion to see what's better, the scythe or the brush cutter? It's a completely biased text towards the scythe. How does that not make you angry?

It's a competition to see which can cut that hunk of grass faster, and I suspect it's done strictly for the novelty of "wow, look how fast this guy can cut that shit." Seriously, cool your fucking autism. If that makes your blood boil, you don't have enough problems in your life.
>>
>>1655268
>With much, much less effort than someone on the scythe.

Though expending vastly more energy in the form of hydrocarbons.
>>
>>1655302
Oh wait, you took hyperbole seriously, kek, cya.

>>1655270

In this day and age? A fucking brush cutter? Ride on mower?

>>1655306
Still physically easier and faster though. You cannot keep that pace the scythe man did if you increase the size of the field to the point where you need multiple people.
>>
>>1655306
Humans can't eat hydrocarbons.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 375x167px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 375x167px
>>1653267
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.