[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it true that WW I an unnecessary war? Willy is a good boy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Was it true that WW I an unnecessary war? Willy is a good boy, he dindu muffin? Churchill held main responsibility for leading British Empire into a war that destroyed most of Western Empires ?
>>
>>1649938
>WWI

You mean WWII.
>>
>>1649938
>Churchill didn't assume power until 1940

No.
>>
>>1649938
>Was it true that WW I an unnecessary war?
"Unnecessary" sure, but the way European power blocks were forming, it was almost inevitable. Maybe it wouldn't be in 1914, but it would come eventually.
>Willy is a good boy, he dindu muffin?
He definitely escalated the war to an unneeded magnitude, but there are no "good boys" when dealing with people with the power and responsibility Willy had.
>Churchill held main responsibility for leading British Empire into a war that destroyed most of Western Empires ?
Chamberlain declared war, so, I would say no, sure he didn't accept Hitler's peace offerings, but you don't get to completely redraw European borders and then say "lol man I was just messing around we cool right?"
>>
>>1649938

No, Willy fucked over a Germany that based OTTO worked hard to maintain.

Will was also in a sense responsible for the rise of Hitler and Stalin because of his WWI bullshit
>>
File: france.jpg (147KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
france.jpg
147KB, 400x558px
>>1649938
>Create L'Entente because of rabid, misguided irredentism for German-speaking clay lost in a war THAT YOU STARTED
>Lure in Russia so that the inevitable next Balkan crisis blows up into a massive, bloody, ultimately unwinnable two-front war for Germany that will allow you to take back your 5600 sq miles of highly-concentrated asspain
>Blame the whole shitshow on "muh Prussian militarism" after you got Russia decimated and dragged in the entire rest of the goddamn world to win it for you
Will the Eternal Gaul ever pay for his crimes?
>>
>>1650125
>Will was in a sense responsible for the rise of Hitler and Stalin because of his WWl bullshit

In what sense would that be? Nonsense?
>>
>>1649938
Assuming you're talking about the second world war and the book in question, no, ww2 was completely necessary.
Haven't actually read this book but I believe I've heard some of its main talking points. I believe the author favoured appeasement and thought it was a mistake to guarantee Poland. He basically thought Hitler's territorial ambitions would cease, which is completely retarded. This is what Chamberlain thought after Munich. After Danzig, Hitler would've gone after Romania for the Hungarian lands, and yugoslavia for Slovenia. After that he would've found excuses to go after the territory Germany lost the Denmark and Belgium after Versailles, and ultimately of course, Alsace-Lorraine. Even if Hitler had gotten al of this you can't be sure war wouldn't break out due to the way the German economy was set up.
Also bringing an explosive end to fascism in the heart of Europe and Japan is worth almost every cost.
>>
>>1651989
>Create L'Entente because of rabid, misguided irredentism
Revanchism die before 1914, French try to got a period of "detente" with germany, poincaré was the first french president who went eating to the german embassy, german decide fuck it we're going to war. Remember that the german choose to have a war as soon as 1913.

>Lure in Russia so that the inevitable next Balkan crisis blows up into a massive, bloody, ultimately unwinnable two-front war for Germany that will allow you to take back your 5600 sq miles of highly-concentrated asspain
The reverse happen.
>>
>>1649938
Remember that Hitler prove that he wasn't trustworhty, guy viole every treaty he sign, when you prove youself untrustworhty everyone hate you and will wage war again you until you die.
>>
>>1649980
Churchill was a forceful voice in cabinet (which was extremely divided) for the war
>>
>>1649938
>unnecessary war
I MAD
HOW? WHAT? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? HOW IS IT UNNECESSARY? HOW? LIKE, EXPLAIN YOURSELF
M
A
D
>>
>>1652277
>Churchill, Hitler and the Unnecessary War: How Britain Lost Its Empire and the West Lost the World, is a book by Pat Buchanan, published in May 2008. In it, Buchanan argues that both world wars were unnecessary, and that Britain's decision to fight in them was disastrous for the world. One of Buchanan's express purposes is to undermine what he describes as a "Churchill cult" amongst America's elite,[1] and therefore he focuses particularly on the role of Sir Winston Churchill in involving Britain in wars with Germany in 1914 and again in 1939.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill,_Hitler_and_the_Unnecessary_War

Does that help with your anger and caps locking anon?
>>
>>1652359
samefag

It's an interesting proposition.

England lost its' empire and the USA had to deal with 50+ years of Cold War because we let Stalin take over half of Europe.

That is undeniably true.
>>
>>1650125

And thus responsible for Gulags, the Cold War, Maoism and the Berlin Wall.

All Willy's fault.
>>
Churchill was the first Lord of the Admiralty. This is an extremely prestigious post. He was responsible for the mining of neutral sea lanes (a war crime - sorry Scandinavians your lives don't matter), the disaster at Gallipoli, and joined his voice towards the chastisement of Germany, even though Germany was easily the most liberal and forward thinking society in Europe at the time.

Case in point look at some of the Brexit campaigners and how they are afraid that the EU is dominated by Germany today (a nice guy diet Germany no less). It really didn't matter what Germany did, Brits get mad no matter what.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.