[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History Dissertation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: eire.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
eire.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Do any history graduates or people with relevant knowledge think that the focus of Ireland from the period 1790's-1850's about the relationship with great britain is a good dissertation topic?
My uni offers history only after 1700
>>
Graduated last year, wrote my dissertation on Scottish linguistics in the early modern period

That's a really good idea anon. The United Irishmen rebellion and the subsequent Act of Union is sure to give you a lot of material.

Do make sure to present an interesting dissertation question though, don't be too general.
>>
>>1648710
Shouldn't you be talking about the Irish diaspora that peaked in the 1840s? Isn't that the more interesting topic?

Unless you somehow can contextualize the British-Irish relations during those happenings, if that's the case it should yield VERY interesting results.
>>
>>1648710
That covers the United Irishmen to the Great Famine, so yes. You've pretty much covered the formation of Irish Republicanism there.
>>
>>1648722

In terms of an original case study/primary source or something?

How should I best facilitate archives too?
>>
>>1648766
Yeah try to write on a topic that not many people have done. Or if you're writing on a familiar topic, approach it from a new angle.

You'll be using mostly primary sources, you can find them in catalogues and stuff but I feel like you get brownie points for going out and finding manuscripts yourself in various libraries and so on.

Are you Irish/living in Ireland? That'll make it a lot easier
>>
>>1648814

No at uni of leeds.

Okay I think I'll do something to do with the United Irishmen and the subsequent act of union
>>
File: 454457310379.jpg (132KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
454457310379.jpg
132KB, 1280x1280px
>>1648710
So much love for Ireland these days
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.