[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Austro-German relationship WWI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: WWImontage.jpg (292KB, 799x828px) Image search: [Google]
WWImontage.jpg
292KB, 799x828px
What was the Austro-German relationship in WWI like? Wikipedia says:

>The Austrians viewed the German army favorably, on the other hand by 1916 the general belief in Germany was that it was "shackled to a corpse".

I remember one anon here mentioning that Austria wanted to sign a peace treaty (when?) but Germany threatened to put it under military occupation - can anyone back this up or refute it?
>>
>>1646207
Sixtus affair perhaps
>>
>>1646219
Yeah, that was probably it.

But it doesn't mention a German threat of occupation or anything like that, so I guess the other anon got it wrong.
>>
>>1646348
Actually such threat was a factor. Karl I. felt that German troops would seize Bohemia if he admitted negotiating with France so instead he denied it and in order to appease the Germans had to side with German hardliners, which ultimately led to Austria's downfall.
>>
bumping a potentially interesting thread
>>
>>1646388
I read the German wiki article and didn't find any mention of this.

However, one should also note that Karl I. was unwilling to give up any land to Italy, but expected from Germany to give up Alsace-Lorraine, so he wasn't entirely fair here either.
>>
>>1650303
Well, it's a slightly different situation. Alsaice-Lorraine was a recent acquisition that they took at gunpoint, while the Italian lands Austria still had were ancient holdovers that the Kingdom of Italy had never managed to control.

Selfish motivation, for sure, but it was a different timeframe.
>>
>>1650364

But the French started the Franco Prussian war.
>>
>>1650364

Or they could give up Bosnia and their entire ambitions over the Balkans that was what triggered the war in the first place.

Austria has always been a shit ally.
>>
Austria is a fucking joke. Never once won a war against another major power without being part of a gigantic coalition

Just like the Brits
>>
>>1652650
And who in history won a war without powerful allies? Especially from the early modern period onwards
>>
>>1652563

... after Bismarck doctored up a provocative message and then "leaked" it to the press.
>>
>>1652604
Well, Bosnia wasn't exactly Italian-held before, was it?

Karl just wanted to hold onto Pula, anyways, since that was the Empire's major port and naval base.
>>
>>1652661

To be far it was pretty cool. At least it took effort, unlike the obviously fake Zimmerman telegram.

Besides how stupid is your head of state if he goes to war over the 19th century equivalent of social media beef?
>>
>>1652699
>obviously fake

That's the dumbest thing about that thing. Zimmermann fucking admitted he sent it like it wasn't a big deal.

>"Yeah, I did it. What are you going to do, declare war on me?"
>-quote from country war declared on
>>
>>1652708

Oh come on. Next you're going to tell me that the Lusitania wasn't carrying munitions. Torpedoes can't detonate ships stupid! They only sink them slowly.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.