[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

september massacres

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: princesse de lamballe.jpg (54KB, 654x469px) Image search: [Google]
princesse de lamballe.jpg
54KB, 654x469px
>Those they found guilty were seemingly released, but only to be precipitated by the door on a number of piques, and then among the savage cries of vive la nation, to be hacked to pieces by those that had swords and were ready to receive them. After this their dead bodies were dragged by the arms or legs to the Abbaye, which is distant from the prison about two hundred yards; here they were laid up in heaps till carts could carry them away. The kennel was swimming with blood, and a bloody track was traced from the prison to the Abbaye door where they had dragged these unfortunate people.

https://youtu.be/3vFsqekDXx4?t=174

The fuck was up with the September Massacres during the French Revolution?
>>
File: edgy goths.jpg (321KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
edgy goths.jpg
321KB, 1600x1200px
>>1644117
Edgy Jacobins.
>>
>The fuck was up with the french revolution?

ftfy
>>
>>1644139
People freeing themselves from the aristocratic yoke.
>>
>>1644456
by bludgeoning non-juring priests and liberal aristocrats (pic related) to death

liberty!
>>
Traitors led by the Jews.
>>
>>1644831
But this was necessary to open the way to a bourgeois dictatorship, anon. For the good of the people who is denied political rights.
>>
>>1644856
They still got more rights than they had under the Monarchy Anon.
>tfw I don't have to do free work because some noble thinks he owns me
>>
That painting is nice until you discover she was literally torn apart
>>
>>1644874
Thankfully she was probably only mutilated after she was dead.

Well, it is a bit muddled. Nicolas-Edme Rétif's account of the September Massacres includes a mention of a woman who was probably Lamballe, assuming he wasn't including an account of her death to get more readers and actually witnessed it. He says her stomach was slit open with a pike while she was still alive (Which would match the report of a guard at the Temple who said that they were dragging her headless torso, split open at the middle, with them).

>There had been a pause in the murders. Something was going on inside. . . . I told myself that it was over at last. Finally, I saw a woman appear, as white as a sheet, being helped by a turnkey. They said to her harshly: "Shout 'Vive la nation!'" "No! No!" she said. They made her climb up on a pile of corpses. One of the killers grabbed the turnkey and pushed him away. "Oh!" exclaimed the ill-fated woman, "do not harm him!" They repeated that she must shout "Vive la nation!" With disdain, she refused. Then one of the killers grabbed her, tore away her dress, and ripped open her stomach. She fell, and was finished off by the others. Never could I have imagined such horror. I wanted to run, but my legs gave way. I fainted. When I came to, I saw the bloody head. Someone told me they were going to wash it, curl its hair, stick it on the end of a pike, and carry it past the windows of the Temple. What pointless cruelty! . . .
>>
File: 9757458733.jpg (171KB, 800x1008px) Image search: [Google]
9757458733.jpg
171KB, 800x1008px
>>1644921
rip in pieces T.T
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 571x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 571x403px
Pretty simple, really. After a few military setbacks, the enemy armies were getting closer to Paris, with at their head the duke of Brunswick, who issued a manifesto that promised mass punishment against those who opposed the monarchy or the Church, or resisted the Allied armies. That, with constant rumors of monarchist plots and food shortages created intense patriotic fervor and mass paranoia. And the press, mostly guys like Marat but also more "moderate" journalists, had been agitating for purges for months, especially inside of prisons and in the army since there were rumors that they were both full of royalists conspirators.

Then, during the massacres, the provisional government didn't even try to stop it, basically saying "Eh, if it makes the mob feel better, whatever."

Fun fact: It's Marie-Antoinette who asked Brunswick to write the manifesto that was in part responsible for getting the mass panic that killed her best friend rolling.
>>
>>1644948
Also, these massacres were really nothing compared to what would happen in the Vendée and other regions.

I recommend you to listen to the "Revolutions" podcast, the guy who does it made sixty thirty minutes episodes on the Révolution. It's fairly in depth, and you can listen to it in the car or in public transport.

He absolutely butchers French pronounciation, though.
>>
File: Robespierre.jpg (562KB, 939x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Robespierre.jpg
562KB, 939x1190px
Now maybe you can appreciate this man starting the Reign of Terror and executing all fanatics to restore order. That's the kind of shit that was happening before he took over.
>>
>>1644986
This. Robespierre and his ideas of a "Republic of Virtue" were based.
>>
>>1644986
>Now maybe you can appreciate this man starting the Reign of Terror and executing all fanatics to restore order.
Is zis nègre sérieux ?

Robespierre was a fanatic himself, and executed the very people who tried to oppose his paranoid Terror. Go ask Desmoulins his sentiment about Robespierre's very personnal way of 'restoring order'.

>That's the kind of shit that was happening before he took over.
The kind of merde Marat apparently enjoyed, but somehow Robespierre didn't see him as a major threat. Danton seemed more dangerous to him.

Robespierre always claimed to fight the 'enemies of the revolution', not the fanatics.
>>
>>1645283
Yeah sure was paranoid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_Massacres

Robespierre got rid of the far left Hebertistes fanatics who controlled the Commune and were responsible for this shit.
>>
>>1647473
>Robespierre got rid of the far left Hebertistes fanatics who controlled the Commune and were responsible for this shit.
And then went home peacefully and never used the guillotine again. Nice chap, he only wanted peace and mutual understanding.
>>
daily reminder that rebellions done by the intelligentsia end always in this
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.