[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the philosopher's drug of choice and why is it alcohol?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 84353487438.jpg (70KB, 900x1104px) Image search: [Google]
84353487438.jpg
70KB, 900x1104px
What is the philosopher's drug of choice and why is it alcohol?
>>
I feel like alcohol doesn't really influence your thought process. I mean when I am drunk, I am always fully aware of this at the time.
>>
amanita schrooooms duuuuuude
>>
>>1643170
cannabis sativa or indica is irrelevent but

cannabis

why?

1 000 000 years of symbiotic evolution with it

humans=weed(remover)
>>
>>1643180
It definitely does, just much more subtly. Not from an outside perspective of course, but you just feel more authentic, in fact you often feel like you're even clearer headed since your inhibitions are weakened. This causes you to act in ways you never would while sober but you think it's just your personality rather than the drug.

Anyway yeah philosophers traditionally nurse alcohol or morphine. For whatever reason psychedelics and dude weed aren't that popular.
>>
Nihilists, cigarettes and booze
Existentialists, same but they look happy doing it.
Pursuing Western spiritualists, mushrooms, perhaps LSD.
psychonauts, depends on who.

For a true philosopher, it depends on them. (Not saying psychonauts are, they're just not a well defined group) Drugs are powerful, beautiful things that can teach a philosopher a lot, if used right. Or they can lead to an early death.
or both.
>>
Ketamine
>>
>>1643170
>What is the philosopher's drug of choice
Knowledge.
If you don't get high off of knowledge then you aren't a philosopher.
>>
>>1643222
nah its more then that its what u do with the high and how sustainable/controllable it is to bring about/on

and pot
>>
>>1643209
Psychedelics and dudeweed are more likely to leave you staring at flowers or the ceiling than creating a philosophy. Philosophers getting drunk and writing comes from the same impulse as drunk-dialing - an upwelling of emotion and a need to communicate it.
>>
>>1643256
>an upwelling of emotion and a need to communicate it
This
>>
File: satan security garden of eden.jpg (10KB, 180x279px) Image search: [Google]
satan security garden of eden.jpg
10KB, 180x279px
>>1643256
ur the dudeweed u autistic dud get the fuck out of my garden

t satan
devils (de)weed(verb)
>>
File: 1727318273123.jpg (9KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
1727318273123.jpg
9KB, 274x184px
Probably LSD.
As a foreword, I've had extensive experience with cocaine, weed, all types of pills, DMT, alcohol, LSD and shrooms. Dont do any of them anymore but drink occasionally

Out of all those things, I've only really ever had thoughts or ideas that actually were significant the morning after, on LSD. I used to write when I was drunk but then would look at it the next morning and realize its just generic bullshit that any old moron could point it, or just stuff that I generally didn't consider significant or thought provoking.

Every time I've done LSD theres always usually an underlying theme or message to the trip, and when I've analyzed it afterwards I can actually glean a message from it. In my experience, LSD forces you to look at and consider things down to their smallest detail, regardless of how important it may seem in the grand scheme. Like picking up a glass of water will cause you to really look into how it feels, the condensation on the glass, the emotion provoked when picking up this drink.
>>
>>1643170
Acid and ketamine has made me see far more than you ever will
And yet I still realise it means nothing, just tricks of the brain, unlike you tards
>>
>>1643256
>an upwelling of emotion and a need to communicate it.
That must be why so much philosophy is ham-handed sophist bullshit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.