[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anglicanism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (126KB, 820x610px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 820x610px
Is Anglicanism leaning more towards Catholicism or Protestantism? They seem to hold some Catholic traditions and they didn't start the same as did many Protestant churches. It was just king Henry VIII wanting to get a divorce.
>>
It's ''protestant'' in the sense that the King is head of the church instead of the pope.
>>
>>1637067
So in all other ways they're the same as Catholics?
>>
>>1637087
meant for
>>1637080
>>
Anglicanism can broadly be split into "high church" and "low church". High church tends towards the gaudy trappings of catholicism, low church is more in line with the simplistic ethos of protestantism.
>>
The only good Anglicans are High Church
>>
>It was just king Henry VIII wanting to get a divorce.

I love this because how wrong it is.
>>
>>1637559
which church is the one that's constantly making women deans and shit?
>>
>>1637722
Both Modern Anglicanism Churches engage in heresy.
>>
>>1637067
Anglo-Australians use Anglican and Protestant interchangeably.

Think about what that means for a second.

Also Anglican and Protestant churches are pretty much the same in Australia, they only differentiate between Protestant and Catholic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5tVbVu9Mkg

Thread theme
>>
>>1637067
>Is Anglicanism leaning more towards Catholicism or Protestantism?
Neither. It's apostasy.
>>
>>1637067
> It was just king Henry VIII wanting to get a divorce.

Well, this was symptomatic of a bigger problem for Henry which was that a large portion of the population's allegiance was primarily with Rome and not with England. Henry was increasingly uncomfortable with his sovereignty over England being challenged by Rome.

The English Reformation was certainly less violent than the Reformation movements in other parts of Europe which is part of the reason why I believe that Anglicanism remained somewhat true to the Catholic tradition instead of succumbing to extremist ideology like the Anabaptists.
>>
>>1637732
Basically this. Female priests and deacons in some denominations refer to God as "Her" or "Mother"....dont even get me started on the Episcopalians.
>>
>>1637067
>tfw I live 15 minutes away from that cathedral
I wish I could work there as a security guard or something, it's such a nice atmosphere.
>>
Why is high church the best?

No papalist cucks please
>>
>>1638103
>High church
Merely an extension of state power. Self regarding crud
>>
>>1638103
>Bongs
>being statist shills since the 1500s
>>
It's a coalition church that contains high church (more catholic) and low church (more protestant)people under the same roof. Initially it was just a continuation of the English Catholic Church with the king at its head but over the years incorporated more elements of Protestantism and even after Queen Elizabeth tried to calm shit down there have been fights over which direction the church should point ever since. For instance the whole shitshow of the English Civil War where the bishop structure was temporarily dissolved and the Puritans were the state church or the 19th century push for a revival of Catholic trappings called the Oxford movement (it also happened to coincide with a revival in Anglican monasticism).
>>1637722
The entire church, Anglicanism definitely is no longer for people who don't want shifts like gay marriage or women priests. The high church folks who don't like it are defecting the Catholicism and the low church ones to various other Protestant churches.
>>1638103
Well you're basically a cafeteria Catholic that can pick and choose just how much Catholicism/Protestantism you want without the nagging pope. Complete with the idea that your religious beliefs are rooted in a long tradition . Plus if you're a liberal you can support all those modern progressive ideals without a torn conscience.
>>
>>1637067
Anglicanism is basically Reformed theology with a Catholic veneer. Most of the divisions with the Puritans were over superficial issues such as prayer books and vestments.
https://youtu.be/FmPxyrmVJaE
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.