[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History changing world view

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Stirner.gif (10KB, 279x305px) Image search: [Google]
Stirner.gif
10KB, 279x305px
>listen to In Our Time
>they talk about Julius Caesar
>they glorify him for killing people and taking over shit
>they mention almost off hand that 100,000 people died in one day (they implied that this was not a sure figure but obviously it was a lot)

How the FUCK can anyone take morality seriously when Napoleon, Julius Caesar, Alexander the great, and Genghis Khan (and eventually Hitler and Stalin and Mao) are WORSHIPPED by the posh historians? Literally lol at someone who died in one of these pointless wars. Literally fucking lol. Please post your thoughts about this. This is like the twilight zone. The BBC will throw mud at you for saying you dislike Islam for not giving women equal rights but they worship killers in plain sight.

Even the slightest amount of history education has made me take current events a lot less seriously - but reading about history also makes me take history itself a lot less seriously. Look at Zizek and many dumber social commentators (or "critiquers") now, talking about things. Admittedly technological acceleration justifies their claims that we are living in important times but imagine what people talked about in 1916: "The world has changed forever!"; "The nature of the nation state has fundamentally changed!"; "Human nature has reached its conclusion!" I have intentionally written vague and bullshitty hifalutin statements. And what do we think of 1916 now? "The middle of a pointless war that led to a slightly less pointless war with some strange economic happenings in between" (>inb4 you scream that something more profound happened).
>>
>>1628960
What about the extremely rapid pace of technological development. That at least is unique to our age
>>
if you're a great man the rules change.

If you're a regular asshole way down on the totem pole, you best play by the rules for your own good.
>>
>>1628960
>How the FUCK can anyone take morality seriously when Napoleon, Julius Caesar, Alexander the great, and Genghis Khan (and eventually Hitler and Stalin and Mao) are WORSHIPPED by the posh historians? Literally lol at someone who died in one of these pointless wars. Literally fucking lol. Please post your thoughts about this. This is like the twilight zone. The BBC will throw mud at you for saying you dislike Islam for not giving women equal rights but they worship killers in plain sight.
Who the fuck does that? Your tv-historians? Who the fuck are you even quoting?
>Zizek
Not a historian, like not at all.

So you have been watching youtube videos while crossreading wiki articles, haven't you? This is not the scientific discourse bro.
>>
File: pope.jpg (52KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
pope.jpg
52KB, 620x348px
>>1628960
>critiquers
>technological acceleration justifies their claims that we are living in important times
That's not what Zizek says. In fact he claims the opposite.
> "The nature of the nation state has fundamentally changed!"; "Human nature has reached its conclusion!" I have intentionally written vague and bullshitty hifalutin statements. And what do we think of 1916 now? "The middle of a pointless war that led to a slightly less pointless war with some strange economic happenings in between" (>inb4 you scream that something more profound happened).
Are those voices in your head?
>>
File: pol26.png (12KB, 698x455px) Image search: [Google]
pol26.png
12KB, 698x455px
>This is like the twilight zone. The BBC will throw mud at you for saying you dislike Islam for not giving women equal rights but they worship killers in plain sight.
>>
>>1628993
>whole paragraph and you focus on one trigger sentence
>>
>>1628960
>Literally lol at someone who died in one of these pointless wars
It's not like those people had any choice in the matter,they had to fight or be executed by the current tyrant.
Also, the fact that morality is a social construct invented by humans doesn't make it useless or purposeless. It is because we are humans that we need morality, it concerns US. Maybe your perception is close minded because you never actually experienced death , war, famine and events of the like. You see, it's not the same to study history and life than to live it. Maybe if you lived a tragedy you could finally realize that the key to human self realization is not on the speculative calculations of your brain, but on something else.
Please I warn you, think before pointing your little intellectual finger to me with prejudices of "hippism", "spooks", "progressivism" and the like, because I assure you it doesn't have anything to do with that. I also shared your opinion in my time, went back and so on.
>>
>Putting Napoleon and Alexander in the same category as all those other people

Hello, Anglo.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.