[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were the use of large swords?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Asume that the opponents are armoured.
>>
>>1627452
What was the use of bows?

Assume that you don't have arrows.
>>
>>1627511
People did carry something like a zweihander into battlefields, right?
>>
File: Zweihander.jpg (100KB, 600x322px) Image search: [Google]
Zweihander.jpg
100KB, 600x322px
>>1627518
yes, they were mostly used for breaking up pike formations. They were large more for cutting through massed pikes than for cutting through armored enemies in a duel. There are some reports of zweihanders being used as anticalvalry weapons, as well, but I don't know as much about that
>>
>>1627656
Yeah. Sorry. Maybe my writing skills suck. The topic should be "What were the use of a large sword in battlefields? Its advantages and disadvantages compare to polearms and longsword, arming sword?".
>>
>>1627871
People are suspicious of weapon threads because they're generally veiled "remind me why this weapon sucks" threads.
>>
>>1627452
What the fuck is your definition of large sword?
>>
>>1627452
to break the ennemy by slashing in the ennemy group and then your mate would exploit this breach
>>
>>1627871

It's essentially a polearm. For battlefield purposes.
>>
Dragons.
>>
If you have a large penis you want an equally large sword so that everyone knows you have a large penis.
>>
>>1627656
>they were mostly used for breaking up pike formations.
Now thats bullshit and you know you do not have a single source for this.
>>
>>1627656
there's no way you could cut a pike with a sword of any size and you know it.
>>
>>1632282
>implying you have to cut pikes in half just to break up a formation
>>
>>1632305
Hotdog or bust
>>
File: hotdog.jpg (32KB, 621x434px) Image search: [Google]
hotdog.jpg
32KB, 621x434px
>>1632305
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.