[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf is the voynich manuscript supposed to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

wtf is the voynich manuscript supposed to be?
>>
Some autist writing about his conworld in his conlang
>>
>>1624580

The secrets of immortality.
>>
>>1624580
The muggles gateway to magic
>>
>>1624580
earliest memes
>>
>>1624580
lunatic invented a nonsense language to confuse linguists and historians
>>
>>1624580
A clever meme created by a genius con-man.

So something like Mormonism.
>>
>>1624580
I think some dude was making something nonsensical in his spare time.
>>
alien contact
>>
File: tumblr_nulejmOnSE1ueiaxzo1_500.jpg (89KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nulejmOnSE1ueiaxzo1_500.jpg
89KB, 499x499px
> mfw when neophytes can't into hermetic wisdom
> feels good ars magna my inner self by the name of diana, man
>>
>>1624580
proof of ayy lmaos
>>
>>1624972
teach me oh Great One
>>
>>1624580
>ywn decode it
>>
seems pretty damn well made and expensive to make just to be BS though, especially since it is like from the 1300's ( I think, could be wrong, think i heard it somewhere)
>>
>>1627554
this.
Also the characters are regular and used repeatedly along the text.

Almost every analysis points that it has at least some kind of language or code (albeit a redundant one)

Also the drawings are either of cosmological or biological origin.
>>
File: gothic ruins in Crimea.jpg (674KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gothic ruins in Crimea.jpg
674KB, 800x600px
>>1624580
It's the only example of Gothic language we have left
>>
>>1624580
>wtf is the voynich manuscript supposed to be?
an elaborate meme
>>
Has anyone ever examined the possibility that it was written by an Alien who was stranded on Earth?
That would explain the somewhat peculiar but consistent aspects of the language.
>>
Thanks to Internet memers this is now the most well known 1300s manuscript today, surpassing even The Canterbury Tales and The Divine Comedy. Congrats.
>>
>>1627645
Yes, just because we can't decipher it yet means that.. aliends did it?
>>
>>1624580
We should have linguists read this on acid.
>>
Some Indian claims to have cracked the code. The manuscript is supposedly written in Sindh and brought to Europe by gypsies.
>>
>>1624580
Some pretty creative monk with a lot of free time on his hands
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.